Samsung stock ear buds EO-EG900BW, wow ! Impression
Apr 9, 2015 at 6:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Whitigir

Member of the Trade: Portable Modder
Now, this is my first time ever to try out this IEMS from Samsung. Never bothered. Wow!

What can I say ? It has excellent 3d rendering, staging the soundstage is excellent ! I thought to myself.....what ? This can not be a cheap pair of IEMS. So I went out and googled it, and it is only $6 on Amazon ? I am not sure if they are Authentic, but these guys came from SM-N910C. I am super impressed, these guys can not be anything cheaper than $200 at all.

Yes, I have several other IEMS that I like a lot, say JVC FX750 and ATH-IM04

Comfort: excellent, drop right in, no weight, no resistant, flat and soft wires, lightweight, and sit so well that I can sleep and lay on the side with

But, here, these little stock guys gave me that impression of thought....what da heck is this ?

Sound stage: excellent depth, width, height, very accurate.

Sound field: very well defined

Tonality: neutral, pronounced, not very realistical, but is well defined enough to render great instruments seperations

Low: very tight and clean not muddy, good textures, dive low, sub-bass attacks and rumbles are well pronounced. Mid-bass is tight, it just is lacking the density of the natural timbres in it to produce realistic timbres, but it produces very well defined sub-bass rumbles and speed. It can get very addicting too

Vocal: a tad bit more than being foward, and is distant enough to have you enjoy the definitions, it actually helps you to follow vocal and submerge yourself in the super wide soundstage here

Mids: detailed yet airy, smooth, clean which help in the 3rd dimension rendering of the music excellent....it gives me goose bumps....no...honestly. It is as airy as that you can totally hear this paacious sense and in the while enjoying that sparkles highs. The excellent vocal distant presentation + this airy mids produce a huge sound field and sound stage. Ghost, it is haunting. It is on the level of ATH-IM04. Also defined, that different string instruments can't be confused

Highs: Sparkles, not too brights, just well presented, there is no Sibilance anywhere ? Just defined and is great.

Really, would this pair cost $200? Really, I would believe it

It may be so worth it to say this is the first time I got this performance of ear buds from a stock phone :cool:

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 10
...isn't April Fools over? I have these and not only are they uncomfortable, but its is not possible to lay on your side with a pillow because they stick out of your ear. I can't comment on the sound because I simply can't use them because of how much I dislike the fit and the flat wire.

Apr 9, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 10
Well, everybody ears differ from each other :D . But it is not anywhere near uncomfortable for me at all, if these are uncomfortable, then IM-04 would be .....intolerable .... I am not fooling you. I briefly listened to it on the Note 4 and was surprised, so I took it to the IPhone 5s, then my ZX2. There is no denying the sound quality here.

Seriously, if you can't use it, sell it. Somebody will appreciate it. Because I am not sure the $6 on Amazon is authentic or not, but it definitely is when it comes in your phone :D

Apr 11, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #5 of 10
I have neither of those, so I can not tell you, but comming from fx-750 (200$) and ATH IM-04 ($430) the two of my favorite and both with great soundstage. The soundstage and more natural respond and yet detailed sound is a serious performer.

If I have to guess, these are on the level of ATH Im70, a little different, 70 carry the natural timbres, with not as wide, pronounced soundstage, and less 3rd dimensional. This is not much of natural timbres, but it carry that huge sound stage and 3rd dimension rendering immage.

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #7 of 10
I fully agree with the original poster.

Mine came with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 which I purchased some 1.5 years ago. Did not bother to test them until now, when I have decided to put them for sale and now having second thoughts :)

I'm amazed how good these sound! Extremely clear and linear, with very good extension at both ends, with sweet and well rendered mids. If anything, I'd prefer a bit more bass but if fairness I'm biased and spoiled when it comes to bass (tough to settle for anything else in this respect once you use XBA-Z5 for years).

Searching more info about them I've learned that they are dual-dynamic driver, which could explain how they manage to punch so much about their weight. Surprised there is so little talk about them online. And no, this is not a hype as far as I am concerned since I could not care less about Samsung or bundled IEMs in general + my ears have quite some mileage with TOL IEMs.

It does look like fakes abound, so unless yours came as part of a Samsung bundle chances are very high you may be trying a fake.

Nov 28, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #8 of 10
Whitigir, which Samsung product is the earbud from? I have Samsung Galaxy S version 1, Note 5 and Note pro 12.2 inch. I have not tried the note pro earbud yet but those that comes with Galaxy S1 and Note 5 sounds like poo to my ears, basically, no low, no high and muddy mids, worse than $10 Chinese IEM.

Jun 10, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #9 of 10
I have to agree too! My headset have remained sealed in my Tab S 8.4 box since day 1 since my regular bud of choice is Sennheiser IE800. I was very pleasantly surprised that these Samsung buds are not bad at all! In fact, it sounds much better than any entry level models from the bigger boys. It has a slightly V shape sound signature - which is why I love IE800. Interestingly they are dual dynamic drivers which could contribute to the sound separation and staging.

EO-HS3303WE and EO-EG900BW are essentially the same item, with different part numbers.

Jun 10, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #10 of 10
In fact, it sounds much better than any entry level models from the bigger boys. It has a slightly V shape sound signature - which is why I love IE800. Interestingly they are dual dynamic drivers which could contribute to the sound separation and staging.
My wife just got a new Samsung phone, and these came with it.
Initially just put them aside as the usual trash that comes with phones, then last week took them out and actually listened.
Surprised indeed! They are not going to replace my Sony, and I think saying that they can equal $100 earphones is a touch OTT, but the standard of "giveaway" earphones has certainly improved quite a bit. For listening to Spotify or YouTube on the phone these are more than just decent, these sound really nice indeed. :)
Actual bass, deep, and good stage and balance. Better than my Vsonic in many ways, hope they last well, my wife will test to destruction. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back