Samsung S4 and Herus DAC
Dec 19, 2014 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Michael P

Member of the Trade: Elijah Audio
Hello to all
Just starting to get into headphones - Senn.HD600's
I was planning to use the 600's just for casual listening, and still return to my main rig for serious listening
That idea changed when I replaced a HRT Microstreamer with a Herus DAC to use with Samsung S4
Using UAPP ( with both HRT and Herus) to my ears , the Herus is a huge step up in SQ over the HRT
So much so, that I can now entertain the thought of downgrading my main system and using the 600's and S4 /Herus for serious listening
That is , if i can get this S4 /Herus setup to work correctly
After playback of varying lengths ( with UAPP v1.1.0, up to an hour, with v1.4.5 much less -2-3 minutes)
The music stops, starts again then stops - selecting another track the stop start occurs immediately
The Herus status light remains Blue, although occasionally turns Red
THe Herus has been tested and worked fine on another PC and also smartphone ( though not with UAPP)
Mark at Reonessence can't help
Davy at UAPP hasn't found an answer as yet
So my question is: does anyone here at HeadFi use a Samsung S4 and HerusDAC successfully?
Thanks for any advice you guys can offer
PS : I tried PowerAmp as an alternative but it just sounds flat and lifeless compared to UAPP
Also didn't like the volume interface ( having to use phone volume switch is either too loud or too soft)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back