Samsung P2 + Neutrik Plug = No?
May 18, 2009 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

srozzman

500+ Head-Fier
Hey Guys!
I used a Neutrik Plug on my recabled K81-Dj's, but I am having physical synergy issues with it and my Samsung P2. When the plug is all the way into the P2, i only get Audio from the right channel. If i pull it out a little, i get normal stereo, but it is such a loose connection I cant use it regularly.

Does anyone know why? I would like to use the K81-Dj's with the P2, as they are my favorite headphones i own, but this little Annoyance, is, well, annoying. Attached are pictures trying to explain the situation. The first picture is of it working with only one channel. The second is of it working like it should. Third is the required glamor shot =]

May 19, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #2 of 4
I have had this issue but never with neutriks. It was caused by the plug being too long and going too far into the receptacle.

I would double check that it's not a soldering issue. Also check the plastic between the l/r/g on the end of the plug. Once in a while you will find one that's been molded incorrectly.

One more thing: sometimes while heatshrinking or soldering, excess heat will melt the plastic on the tip of the plug and cause it to change shape.

May 19, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #3 of 4
I had a faulty plug once. Try your Neutrik on other sources. If there is no problem then you can eliminate the plug.

May 20, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 4
It isnt the plug as it works on my iaudio and computer. So my pride in my soldering skills is still there =]. Other headphones work normally in the jack. Should i just try to put a cable from my super.fi 3's on the K81-Djs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back