Samsung LNT4069 HDTV owners...help!
Apr 3, 2008 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fatman711

Member of the Trade: JMoney Audio
I bought one of these and it got delivered yesterday. I just got it opened and the touch pad on the front of the tv, the silver part and the bottom has some sort of scuff/residue mark.

For those of you who own this tv, did you get this problem? Is there like a protective covering on there that is causing me to believe that the tv is damaged?

I tried looking for it but it doesn't look like there is a sticker anywhere on the bezel. Even the LCD screen itself didn't have a another cover like lcd monitors. Just the protective sleeve that covers the whole tv.

The damage looks like it is only on the volume, change channel section of the silver bezel.

Apr 3, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #2 of 5
no my sammy was pristine..just return it...
i had another sammy that when i got it the volume would cut out on one channel. i got it fixed twice at besy buy and then when it was out of warranty the thing broke after 2 years. so now i realized that i got a shoddy unit to start with or perhaps a "returned unit". if there is a cosmetic blemish it didnt come from the factory that way...so either it was damaged or is gray market.
that said the sammy i have now works flawlessly and the picture is gorgeous

Apr 3, 2008 at 6:23 AM Post #3 of 5
okay thanks. I think I'm going to call best buy to get it exchanged.

Did your samsung have any protective stickers or anything around the bezel?

I have a feeling that the problem was in the samsung factory because the box wasn't retaped. It looked perfectly fine.

Apr 3, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 5
you know i cant remember if there were stickers or not.....
it wasnt scratched so i guess i didnt think about it...

Apr 3, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 5
There shouldnt be any marks. But if the set works fine and you can live with a mark dont worry, a scratch doesnt affect the picture. But if your a nit picker take it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back