Samsung K5 bundled buds...wow!
Jan 16, 2007 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Mrvile

Headphoneus Supremus
I was flipping through my MaximumPC that I got today and saw a review for the Samsung K5 MP3 player...it looks like a pretty gimmicky DAP itself as it includes some subpar speakers which just adds to the bulkiness, but...

earphones.jpg

samsung-yp-k5-earbuds.jpg

Yes, those are the bundled earbuds. Has anyone heard these things yet? They're practically canalphones, and all the reviews I've read for the K5 MP3 player say that they are the best bundled earbuds anyone has ever heard.

I don't care if they're bundled buds, I'm curious to see how they perform...not expecting much, but the earbuds themselves were pretty unexpected
wink.gif

Jan 16, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by zombieDave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a miniature hair-dryer!
biggrin.gif

Exactly what I was thinking. :p

Jan 16, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #5 of 9
Looks like a standard 12-13mm dynamic driver layed on its side and funneled through the tip like that. I'm not sure the off-axis response would be good enough to have clear top end on those phones.

Jan 17, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #8 of 9
looks interesting. I wonder how flexible those tips are, and if the majority can get a good seal?

Strange how the sound tube is 90 degrees off axis to the driver, Ive never heard a speaker element (or headphone driver) that sounded good off axis by that amount.

Thats the same TRS connector thats on the PK1/PK2... (Same build-house perhaps?)

Jan 17, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks interesting. I wonder how flexible those tips are, and if the majority can get a good seal?

I think the point of those phones are more for comfort and getting the sound closer to your eardrum, not for isolation (check out the holes in the back of the bud). I guess a seal would still matter so you get good soundwaves in your canals, but it doesn't have to be isolation-quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back