samsung k3 in stock at best buy
Mar 14, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #3 of 7
one quick pic. Cant give impressions yet since the battery was completely dead so charging it now. The finish is beautiful and is red on both sides.

Slightly thicker and wider than the nano- the touch screen interface is very very nice.

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #5 of 7
Update:

Boy I am really liking this player. The sound is quite good on a par with my 5g ipod (used with shure e4'cs) though different slightly. To my ears, the bass on the samsung is a bit fuller, but the highs aren't quite as crisp as the ipod.

The user interface takes a bit of getting used to though it's very pretty. The backlight touch screen especailly looks awesome with the red case color.

I also like how quickly it charges up (2.5 hours)and the subjective battery life (two full days of use without a recharge) seems good.

For $120 i'm very pleased with it. Unlike some on this board I make a point of not getting overly analytical about it. I use 256k VBR MP3 files since I dont see the point of lossless on portable. Yes it is better in pristine environments, but I never use my portables that way. I have my home system for that.

Two minor nits:
1. I dont like the headphone jack being on the bottom (though the nano does that too)
2. As pretty as it is, it is fingerprint magnet

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks!! I think I'll stop by BB today and play around with the display model.

How is the hiss with your IEM?
How fast are file transfer speeds? How long does it take to drag/drop 150M in windows explorer?

thanks

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks!! I think I'll stop by BB today and play around with the display model.

How is the hiss with your IEM?
How fast are file transfer speeds? How long does it take to drag/drop 150M in windows explorer?

thanks

less hiss than with my ipod, in fact I cant hear any

transfer speed is rougly equal to the ipod as well, didnt transer any files though, just music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back