Samsung HD841...
Jun 13, 2004 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Vedder323

500+ Head-Fier
just got this in at work and was wondering if anyone has auditioned one? It has DVI out as well as SACD/DVD-A all under $200...

looks like a bargain...

Jun 13, 2004 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 6
I saw it at Best Buy while waiting for my wife at the mall. It is surprisingly well finished for a cheap product. Not too heavy and the tray is very plasticky but definitley wins the battle of appearance among the budget sources. Universal player too!

Jun 14, 2004 at 12:11 AM Post #5 of 6
Read here it seems that it uses the same decoder as the 963...

Oct 31, 2004 at 10:18 PM Post #6 of 6
hey sorry to bump such an old thread but i picked up one of these on sale for $150 and the analog outputs are quite terribly IMHO

but i blame this primarily on the $0.05 opamps they used for the analog outs, they are quite crappy, i cant even find datasheets for them...

i think this player would be a great platform for somone who wants to mod the living poopies out of a player... caps galore, opamps, it has potential... plus its exactly 1U high and the same width as a standard 19" device... and its quite sexy!
smily_headphones1.gif

also it appears that if you are clever you can get S/PDIF out while playing SACD/DVD-A but it would require a few external components, im working on it right now
wink.gif
... but it can be done i think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back