Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 - Headphone Output Audio Quality
Mar 18, 2016 at 11:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

veldt

New Head-Fier
Hello,

does/did anyone have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet, and experience with other tablets, and how would you rate the audio quality of its headphone output relative to other tablets?

Mar 19, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #3 of 4
Yes, thanks. I have gotten the S2 at a good deal myself and wanted to determine whether it's a good choice and worth its price (well, as much as one can expect). And I wanted to hear other people's opinions first. I think it's okay, but a little thin- or compressed-sounding, and lacking bass and some detail. It seems fairly balanced with no major distortions, but nothing impressive.

I have a non-mobile ODAC + O2-Amp, but the Amp-input doesn't work with the headphone jack. I suppose I would have to try it with a Micro-USB to Mini-USB adapter and if possible something more portable. But I find it strange that I can't use the Amp on the headphone jack.

Oct 11, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 4
I also think it is quite good sounding,without distortions, balanced but perhaps a little compressed, compared to sony z3 compact. However i am also curious why it cannot be connected with an amp through the jack . It seems that it needs to have some resistance at the output in order to play... perhaps this is the reason gsmarena has not measurements for this device...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back