Samsung Galaxy S9+ (Snapdragon chip) or LG G7 ThinQ for headphone music
Nov 28, 2019 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

CiroConsentino

New Head-Fier
Hi all, can someone help with this ? I can't decide between "LG G7 ThinQ" and Samsung S9+ (Snapdragon chip). I listen to music a lot (wired headphones only), but 99% of my FLAC files are CD quality (16 bits, 44.1KHz). I'll probably never listen to HD audio (24 bits, 192KHz...), and I use PowerAmp v2 with a custom equalizer (PowerAmp v3 sounds weird and muffled... or maybe I'm not configuring PA v3 correctly?). My headphone is a "on-ear" Pioneer SE-MJ553BT-R, 40mm driver, frequency range 6 Hz - 40,000Hz, impedance 32 ohms. I've been using an old LG G3 D855p for the last 2 years and it sounds great with PowerAmp v2. Clean audio, no pops either.

Is the audio DAC of the Samsung S9+ (Snapdragon) good ? If the Samsung S9+ is as good (preferable better) than my old LG G3 D855p, I'll take it.
I can't find the S9+ model with Exynos chip to buy here in Brazil (better audio DAC than the model with Snapdragon chip ?)

I'm messing with a HTC U11 (no 3.5mm jack) and its USB-C to 3.5mm adapter (original HTC adapter), but the audio is too punchy and loud. I get the feeling that the sound from my old LG G3 (plugged in 3.5mm jack) is more "defined and clean" (call me crazy). I really don't like using an external DAC with a dongle hanging on the USB-C connector.

Thank you for any help and tips.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back