Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone?
May 14, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #436 of 704
The S7 (WW version) sounds fantastic to my ears, a perfect stablemate for the LG Quadbeat 3 AKG... No problem of sounding weak or anything, the balance is pretty much spot on, although I feel this is a lucky combination rather than an absolute fact.

Seriously making me less inclined to use my setup in my signature.

May 15, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #437 of 704
It is shame that Samsung didn't improve anything at audio part in Galaxy S7. As I heard that S6 have better audio quality then S7. Audiophiles should go with LG extensions or new HTC 10.

May 15, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #438 of 704

I've had the S6 Edge before the 7Edge. In no way is the S7 worse than the S6. The S6 wasn't a slouch either. I use PoweAmp and all musician Flac on a 200gb micro SD. I use Sony's A4's or the Z5's with it and it all sound rather lovely. And the battery life is really unbelievable, especially after the S6 edge

May 16, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #439 of 704
I think it sounds muffled, narrow and unclear. But my biggest problem is that the volume increments are way top large. The one below max is too low and max is too high. If anyone can help let me know.

May 16, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #440 of 704
  It is shame that Samsung didn't improve anything at audio part in Galaxy S7. As I heard that S6 have better audio quality then S7. Audiophiles should go with LG extensions or new HTC 10.

It's not that simple. Even Audiophiles should consider all the pros and cons.
If you chose the LG G5 + Hifi modul (which someone reviewed and claimed it didnt sound really better, just like through an Equalizer) over the S7, you will get:
- Much worse build quality
- worse battery Life (smaller battery, and worse snapdragon 820. Exynos 8890 lasts like 20-30% longer)
- worse camera.(Just the wideangle is a fun gimmick)
- a more ugly phone (depending on taste.. but i've never seen someone calling the LG G5 a beautiful phone, that feels good.)

May 17, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #441 of 704
  It's not that simple. Even Audiophiles should consider all the pros and cons.
If you chose the LG G5 + Hifi modul (which someone reviewed and claimed it didnt sound really better, just like through an Equalizer) over the S7, you will get:
- Much worse build quality
- worse battery Life (smaller battery, and worse snapdragon 820. Exynos 8890 lasts like 20-30% longer)
- worse camera.(Just the wideangle is a fun gimmick)
- a more ugly phone (depending on taste.. but i've never seen someone calling the LG G5 a beautiful phone, that feels good.)

I want the S7 over the G5, I really do, but the S7 simply sounds bad (the one I try is the Exynos variant, which is supposed to be even better)

May 17, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #442 of 704
I want the S7 over the G5, I really do, but the S7 simply sounds bad (the one I try is the Exynos variant, which is supposed to be even better)
In what way?

Compared to an iPad Pro (the only alternate item I have with me right this second) - it lacks a little overall warmth, but - I don't feel that it is 'bad'...

Maybe I'm just easily pleased these days :)

May 17, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #443 of 704

What are you listening with?  What program are you using to listen? What's the quality of the file?

May 17, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #445 of 704

Can't even think your talking about the same phone!

For my "High-end" listening I use a Chord Mojo/SE846 combination with source being a smartphone or PC. But for Out & about listening I tend to just use my Exynos S7/SE846's with Spotify Extreme (have used Tidal HiFi) and find the S7 as a source great so long as your earphones aren't too demanding for the S7 output, certainly as good if not better than the Note 4 /iPhones I've tended to use and better than the Sony Z5.  If I'm listening to hi-def FLAC or DSD then I do use the Mojo when at home.

May 18, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #447 of 704
Hi all, 

anyone using this as DAP. I already have mojo which i like very much. I would like to add a 200gb microsd card and use it as a dap mostly. Any inputs how it is any software recomendation....

V

May 18, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #448 of 704
Poweramp Alpha and low immpedence earphones plus set the adapt setting but leave others off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

May 18, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #449 of 704
But who makes a 512GB micro SD?? Didn't even think 256GB was out yet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back