Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone?
Mar 8, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #123 of 704
I got my S7 Edge today as well- very impressed with the sound quality with the included earbuds. I did a quick test with my B&W P7s as well- quite difficult to drive in general. Sounds great, even though my iphone 6s plus was certainly louder. 

Mar 8, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #124 of 704
  I got my S7 Edge today as well- very impressed with the sound quality with the included earbuds. I did a quick test with my B&W P7s as well- quite difficult to drive in general. Sounds great, even though my iphone 6s plus was certainly louder. 

in sound quality you can be compared to iphone 6s?

Mar 8, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #125 of 704
Anyone else jumped from a Note 5 to a GS7 edge? I was really wanting to upgrade but I'm being held back by the sound quality different. I took my triplefi 10s into best buy and tried doing a little comparison but it was hard with how loud the store was. I'm no audiophile and just want something that sounds good.

I think i'm gonna stop by the tmobile store today and see if I can do some testing there.

Mar 8, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #126 of 704
Do give it a go. I was very pleasantly surprised!

Mar 9, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #128 of 704
I am getting S7 Edge in the next couple of days (hopefully) & am moving from S5 with Neutron & either v-moda m100's or iems and will post some thoughts...btw in Oz so will be the international model.
thanks for putting this thread together too

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #129 of 704
EU here.I can't wait to find out more about this Lucky soundchip.

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #130 of 704
  Anyone else jumped from a Note 5 to a GS7 edge? I was really wanting to upgrade but I'm being held back by the sound quality different. I took my triplefi 10s into best buy and tried doing a little comparison but it was hard with how loud the store was. I'm no audiophile and just want something that sounds good.

I think i'm gonna stop by the tmobile store today and see if I can do some testing there.

You are living in the USA, get a V10 or if you can afford to wait, a LG G5 with the HiFi module...

And test it with your own music (usb drive + OTG cable)!!

Mar 9, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #131 of 704
The "phonearena.com" (link here: http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Review_id4165) is out.
Interestingly, they say that the S7 si indeed "louder" than the S6 in terms of output. but after some experiences from members of this forum the physical numbers do not translate in subjectice and personal and "real-life" experience.

It should be noted that they tested the Snapdragon/DSG version. Maybe only the Exynos/Lucky version has the weak output problem....

I hope that Voodoo or V4A will fix that.

Mar 9, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #132 of 704

You are living in the USA, get a V10 or if you can afford to wait, a LG G5 with the HiFi module...

And test it with your own music (usb drive + OTG cable)!!

I test in store with my own music in a simpler way: cloud.

I create a wifi hotspot with my iPhone and then download from my box account a few reference files into the smartphone.

FWIW in output power my non European iPhone 6 smoked the Exynos S7 and S7 Edge.

Mar 9, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #133 of 704
I test in store with my own music in a simpler way: cloud.

I create a wifi hotspot with my iPhone and then download from my box account a few reference files into the smartphone.

FWIW in output power my non European iPhone 6 smoked the Exynos S7 and S7 Edge.

Thank you ! I am not that surprised at all when Samsung has yet to fail at implementing and making good uses of the DAC again. The downside of the iPhone is no microSD and need more powerful amps. I do not understand why iPad pro has 4 amps for 4 loud speakers, but not the headphone out.

The speakers in the iPad pro is amazing, just to show how well it could potentialy be if Apple was to have an amp on the headphone out as well.

Mar 9, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #134 of 704
The "phonearena.com" (link here: http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Review_id4165) is out.
Interestingly, they say that the S7 si indeed "louder" than the S6 in terms of output. but after some experiences from members of this forum the physical numbers do not translate in subjectice and personal and "real-life" experience.

It should be noted that they tested the Snapdragon/DSG version. Maybe only the Exynos/Lucky version has the weak output problem....

I hope that Voodoo or V4A will fix that.

I already said that the S7 Edge Exynos volume is louder than the S6. Same as my Snapdragon Note 4. With SE846 I can listen at volumes before the high-volume warning but with the S6 above.

I couldn't listen at max volume with low immpedence SE846's and I'm sure not enough output for good quality headphones.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #135 of 704
Well, the Exynos Note 4 with Wolfson DAC is fully capable of 100 w per channel by itself...however, Samsung throttled it down for battery and such. I was able to turn it up by using Poweramp alpha and preamp adjustment. There are root and program to up the power output as well.

It could be the same case for Exynos S7 ? How about you S7 Exynos owners download the Poweramp Aloha and turn up the preamp ? Then share some impression please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back