Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone?
Mar 7, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #106 of 704
  I'm interested in that DAC uses the s7 in Italy?

*sigh again*

There is an European version.(Has Exynos SoC)
And since Italy is part of the EU, or the geographical Europe, it is indeed and surprisingly the Exynos version with the Cirrus Logic/ Wolfson "Lucky" DAC, which is said to be be better than the American/ Snapdragon version.

CS/WS have quite a hsitory with Samsung. But usually their implementations are nothing to be all proud of. It is okay, a bit better than most phones and technically it is nothing to be ashamed of either.

We will see, but I highly doubt that it will be better than the HiFi module on the G5.

Mar 8, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #108 of 704
 My UK Exynos arrived.

20160308_093454_zpsxwdhsoe9.jpg

20160308_093444_zpsr59uy4gd.jpg

Back of box states 64bit Octa Core processor so is the Exynos

Next to my Note 4. S7 size is perfect and screen size reduction is minimal.

DSC_0001_zps0bslnsyt.jpg

Can't play DSD music files out the box and no default Samsung Music Player so downloaded it.

Samsung Music app still not able to play DSD music tracks but FLAC sounds great with my Shure SE846's on first listen. No hiss and certainly better than the S6 when I first tried it. Need to A-B some of my test tracks. (Already set Adapt Sound for my earphones).

Everything about the phone is stunning on first impressions works with my Samsung & other wireless charger fine.
20160308_101336_zpsjlqhgxgf.jpg

Mar 8, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #109 of 704
Early days but I'd have to say better than the S6 and my Note 4 Snapdragon but not as good as Chord Mojo. Not hearing any background noise/hiss with my SE846's. Clear/rich with no Shrillness. Sounds Richer/Warmer than the Note 4 and clearer. No excessive muddy bass. Prefer sound signature to Z5/iPhone 6.

I'm no audio expert but this is perfectly good enough for me without need to use an external DAC.

About same volume as my Snapdragon Note 4 so higher than the S6.     As a phone...... stunning both in looks, features, style, screen, size etc.

Sounds excellent with Spotify Extreme and 24/96 FLAC. Just going to download UAPP to test my DSD tracks over headphone out. Just got Goosebumps listening to "Charles Lloyd Manhattan Stories - How Can I Tell You" 24bit flac so must be good :)

Robert Len Fragile Brasillia 24/96 sounds best I've heard other than on Chord Mojo.

BUT we all hear things differently so others may not like, but its a keeper for me over using my Note 4 and Mojo just for use at home.

My DSD files down-sampled through UAPP+ sound great but nothing compared to direct DSD to Chord Mojo but again, about best I've heard on a phone. 

Mar 8, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #111 of 704
Early days but I'd have to say better than the S6 and my Note 4 Snapdragon but not as good as Chord Mojo. Not hearing any background noise/hiss with my SE846's. Clear/rich with no Shrillness. Sounds Richer/Warmer than the Note 4 and clearer. No excessive muddy bass. Prefer sound signature to Z5/iPhone 6.

I'm no audio expert but this is perfectly good enough for me without need to use an external DAC.

About same volume as my Snapdragon Note 4 so higher than the S6.     As a phone...... stunning both in looks, features, style, screen, size etc.

Sounds excellent with Spotify Extreme and 24/96 FLAC. Just going to download UAPP to test my DSD tracks over headphone out. Just got Goosebumps listening to "Charles Lloyd Manhattan Stories - How Can I Tell You" 24bit flac so must be good :)

Robert Len Fragile Brasillia 24/96 sounds best I've heard other than on Chord Mojo.

BUT we all hear things differently so others may not like, but its a keeper for me over using my Note 4 and Mojo just for use at home.

My DSD files down-sampled through UAPP+ sound great but nothing compared to direct DSD to Chord Mojo but again, about best I've heard on a phone. 

Can you compare it to V10?

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #114 of 704
I buy it in Italy and I think the dac good the lucky I think.
Psikey Thanks for your review audio, so the s7 sounds more than fine without mojo and still better of s6.

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #115 of 704
Tried an European S7, S7 Edge and an LG V10 with my Shure SE846s and my sound files. All DSPs were turned off (as i know quite a bit about digital audio :wink:

Samsung handsets are good. V10 is great (and has far more output power).

Output power on the Samsung handsets is about half of that of my Japan iPhone 6 and their output power is a far cry from the power of iPhone/V10.

Everything else is magnificent on the S7/S7 Edge. I really wanted to deem the sound of S7 as great but it just could not convince me. It is very nice but the dip in output power is too big for me being comfortable with it. Quality wise i think V10 and iPhone are a bit more open and clear as well.

Mar 8, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #117 of 704
I gave back a ak jr and iBasso dx 80 because they have satisfied me.
Ak jr 597 € the sound was too simple hot but not detailed, my samsung s3 giving more body to the sound and same details, the iBasso DX80 was too bright and it bothered me sound too strenuous, and I was with my grado sr225e and samsung s3.
This is why I want the sound quality of the headphones s7.
Lg v10 will be better but is older and I have the viewer gear vr free.

Mar 8, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #118 of 704
  I gave back a ak jr and iBasso dx 80 because they have satisfied me.
Ak jr 597 € the sound was too simple hot but not detailed, my samsung s3 giving more body to the sound and same details, the iBasso DX80 was too bright and it bothered me sound too strenuous, and I was with my grado sr225e and samsung s3.
This is why I want the sound quality of the headphones s7.
Lg v10 will be better but is older and I have the viewer gear vr free.

The LG G5 will be atleast on par if not even better than the V10 (with the fitting HiFi module, of course).
If you like LG it would be only good to upgrade.

Mar 8, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #119 of 704
lg do not like, I just like her headphone sound, I'd take the s7 also because they give me gear vr free, I realized that one can not compare to s7 v10 but all I iphone 6 samsung s6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back