Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone?
Feb 22, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #33 of 704
I really wanted to switch to S7, But the own Audio Chip they use will be craps I think.

With the Wolfons it wasn't really good.

Do u think I can get the same Audio Quality as my HTC One M8?

Feb 22, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #34 of 704
I really doubt if lucky is their own audio chip

looking at the naming convention, to me it look like cirrus logic

http://eu.mouser.com/new/Cirrus-Logic/cirruslogiccs42l73/

Feb 22, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #36 of 704
I'll probably be getting a G7. Main reason: it still has a USB Micro B plug that'll work with the moon audio silver dragon cable I got for my GOV2+ 
darthsmile.gif

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #37 of 704
I pre-ordered an S7 yesterday when it went on sale online. I'll be posting my (subjective) audio experience. I was hoping for the SABRE32, but I was going to buy this smartphone anyway because of the other features.

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #38 of 704
"Going further down the component models, as reported by the system info app, we see another custom chip, dubbed Lucky CS47L91 Sound, which indicates a homebrew audio processing unit, as Project Lucky is what Samsung was reported to call the Galaxy S7 internally - seven is a lucky number not only here, it seems. Samsung promised an improved audio experience at the S7 presentation, and this custom DAC may be one of the reasons. Moreover, we recently saw that the speaker to be utilized in the Galaxy S7 is a powerful for a phone 1.5W unit, which adds more water to the superior audio mill."

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Galaxy-S7-has-custom-camera-module-with-Sony-IMX260-sensor-and-homebrew-audio-DAC_id78669

-------------------

So Guys we Hope the Best!!! :)

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #42 of 704
Please remind yourself that Cirrus Logic bought Wolfson.

So it could(!) be just a renamed Wolfson Chip with some custom tuning(hardware- and softwarewise)...

That is awesome, and I didn't know that. Thank you for your info. If so hopefully these 3 collaborated could bring some game changing into the design. But I am surprised as of why Samsung has yet to "tout" about it audio quality ? Or unless they only throw on the DAC as a required component in an Exynos SOC, and Snapdragon will still having the same old integrated SN DAC ? Same old stuff ? How come none of these guys realize how much growth "streaming" is to portability and devices ? Only LG

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #44 of 704
Does anyone have a Best Buy near them with a Samsung Zone to test out the audio?

Unlike Apple, which has 268 retail stores all across the United States, Samsung’s most prominent American retail presence is in its “Samsung Zone” locations, dotted across many Best Buy locations. However, this isn’t stopping Samsung from featuring the S7 on its website, and opening up pre-orders directly from its online store starting Tuesday, February 23, as will many other carriers.
For those who want to check out the phone before putting their money down, Samsung will put preview versions available for viewing at its Samsung Zone locations starting Wednesday, February 24. Full purchasing is expected to start on March 11. The retail price is expected to be $700 for the S7 and $800 for the S7 Edge, though pricing may vary depending on the carrier you choose your phone with. No word yet if any particular perks will be included with a direct purchase from Samsung or through its Samsung Zone locations at Best Buy.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-order-galaxy-s7-or-s7-edge/ 

Feb 26, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #45 of 704
I suspect S7 in the US variant is Snapdragon and ofcourse those required integrated for SD audio codec....nothing to see here :D. What interesting would be the Exynos version which has the new Lucky DAC ? But that is international unlocked version

Users who are viewing this thread

Back