Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Audio Chip
Oct 12, 2012 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jmsilva22

100+ Head-Fier
I am currently on the fence on buying a separate music player (Samsung Galaxy 4.2) or the new Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini since my current phone is oldschool to say the least.

Does anybody knows for sure if the S3 Mini has the Wolfson audio chip like the Galaxy 4.2 player?

Thanks!

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
I am currently on the fence on buying a separate music player (Samsung Galaxy 4.2) or the new Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini since my current phone is oldschool to say the least.

Does anybody knows for sure if the S3 Mini has the Wolfson audio chip like the Galaxy 4.2 player?

Thanks!

the phone isn't out yet so it is hard to say. Samsung really knocked the specs down on the S3 mini and are getting a lot of bad rep for it along with calling a phone with a 4" screen "mini" it looks like some budget phones like the pantech burst for instance have better specs then the mini with its dual core 1ghz chip compared to the 1.5 dual core on the burst. if they cut corners like they did everywhere else i could easily see it not having a wolfson in it. it isn't based on the actual S3 at all it just seems to be carrying the name so they can sell more phones.

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for your reply.

I am not looking for a phone with all new crazy specs, I just want a decent android phone with good audio.

Are there any new (unlocked) android phones with Wolfson audio that wont break the bank?

Nov 27, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #4 of 5
Hi all,

I also would like to know if the S3 mini has a wolfson dac. I couldn't find any info on that...

Or if there is an other android smartphone which is a good alternative, in term of audio quality, to the galaxy S3 which is too big and too expensive for me...

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back