Samsung galaxy S2 vs IPhone 4
Jul 2, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #16 of 146
It drives my Koss Porta Pro really well although it gets louder with the Fiio E5 Amplifier but it's subjective and depends on what you going to use.. im pretty sure it's going to be great.. worst case you need a small amp for it.. either way its the best smartphone out there.. its also incredibly slim and light weight

Jul 2, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #17 of 146
The Samsung Galaxy S2 drives the stock earphones well enough, however with the Westone 4s and my adjustments on the Equalizer app. I need the volume on full or 1 click from full. So would depend on how efficient your earphones are. The iphone is louder without a doubt but the galaxy s2 sounds better.

I am now using the 'cubed' music player with good results. The Equalizer app. is without a doubt, a must have!

Jul 2, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #18 of 146
Checkout PowerAmp :) it rocks

Jul 2, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #19 of 146
I have tried poweramp before and really not too much of a fan. Too many gadgets on it. I like players really simple and seeing the tone controls put me off, having said that, it is one of the better sounding music players in the app store. To me the best sounding player is the stock google music player on my motorola xoom, sounds wonderful once the default bass and treble boast on android devices are negated. It's a shame that it is not available in the apps market in Hong Kong where I am. 

I will be trying out the Hive player for Honeycombe, heard good things about this new music player app.

Jul 2, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #20 of 146

Quote:
The Samsung Galaxy S2 drives the stock earphones well enough, however with the Westone 4s and my adjustments on the Equalizer app. I need the volume on full or 1 click from full. So would depend on how efficient your earphones are. The iphone is louder without a doubt but the galaxy s2 sounds better.

I am now using the 'cubed' music player with good results. The Equalizer app. is without a doubt, a must have!

Quote:
It drives my Koss Porta Pro really well although it gets louder with the Fiio E5 Amplifier but it's subjective and depends on what you going to use.. im pretty sure it's going to be great.. worst case you need a small amp for it.. either way its the best smartphone out there.. its also incredibly slim and light weight

OK, thanks for the answers. I wanted to know about how loud it is, from the HP out w/NO amp, and you ppl gave me the info. 
I'll pass on the Galaxy II,...

Jul 3, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #21 of 146

Quote:
The S2 has sub-par sound quality. At higher volumes the bass can get distorted and the audio isn't very clear. Noise worsens as you increase the volume. I've tried everything from EQ to enhancers and I just can't say I'm happy with the SQ. It doesn't even hold a candle to my Cowon S9. The screen is perfect and the audio is good enough for watching videos.

I've been deliberating about getting the Fascinate, Nexus S, and S2.  Didn't pull the trigger on the Fascinate due to the poor battery life; Nexus S because of the glossy casing, display quality, non-expandable memory.  Was hoping to consolidate devices with the next smartphone, but will probably just go with the S2 and S9 two-device plan and wait another couple of years on the next refresh cycle.  Hopefully by then, the OEMs will truly embrace DAP / PMP convergence!

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #23 of 146
My vote is for the Samsung S2 - best phone I have ever owned. Stacks of onboard storage and expandable with MicroSD cards, 8MP camera that also shoots vids in HD, Dual core processor, Super AMOLED Plus Gorilla Glass screen, super slim and light...so future proof for a few more years yet...best of all its Android, so you have none of those fascist restrictions imposed by apple.
As for a music player - personally I am less than impressed with it  - use it as a great Smart phone and then get something else for music...my vote is for a Cowon S9

Jul 24, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #25 of 146
If you're still considering the iPhone 4 vs. S2, I'd wait until the iPhone 5 comes out. Considering the S2 is taking forever to reach the states, by the time it arrives, the iPhone 5 will be on its way out soon (which should be August or September). 

Jul 24, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #26 of 146
Android > iOS
tongue.gif

If you want to personalize your phone down to the bone, go Android. If you want a bleak but easy to use interface, go for iOS. Both have good EQ apps though. The S2 has fantastic sound quality, but it is not fair to say which has better SQ because the iPhone 5 isn't out yet...

Jul 27, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #27 of 146
I have the Galaxy S and the iPhone 4.
I don't have a Galaxy S II, but most people say that it's worse than the first one,
and to my ears, using Westone UM3X and Westone 3,

the iPhone sounds better than the Samsung Galaxy S.
The Galaxy has less detail and worse bass extension.
It's not as full-sounding, either.

So the iPhone 4 must sound better than the Galaxy S II.

Also, the music app and the whole iTunes integration is much more convenient on the iPhone.

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #28 of 146
Are you using Voodoo V10 with your SGS 1?

Quote:
I don't have a Galaxy S II, but most people say that it's worse than the first one,

Also, the music app and the whole iTunes integration is much more convenient on the iPhone.

Jul 27, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #29 of 146
Did you even use an EQ app on the Galaxy S? It's a must...
Who is "most people" anyways? The GS2 is a beast of a phone in every way possible.
Quote:

Jul 27, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #30 of 146
iphone uses wolfson micro chipset, which is nearly perfect in audio quality. I dont know how it is below 20hz but from 20-20k its a aperfectly flat response just like the clip+ and fuze+. Dont know about galaxy S2 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back