Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.2"
Feb 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #2 of 11
They made a new one with slightly bigger screen? start to get overwhelmed with all the different sizes. Wonder if it has a Wolfson DAC in it.

Feb 27, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #4 of 11
I have been trying to research these Galaxy PMP's for weeks. Does anyone know if the old ones (4.0/5.0) have the Wolfson? I have also heard that the 4.0 has terrible SQ.

Maybe we will get lucky and someone at MWC will get more specs for us and post them here.

Feb 27, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #7 of 11
Just the 4, 5 has the Yamaha DAC, unfortunately.

Quote:
I have been trying to research these Galaxy PMP's for weeks. Does anyone know if the old ones (4.0/5.0) have the Wolfson? I have also heard that the 4.0 has terrible SQ.

Maybe we will get lucky and someone at MWC will get more specs for us and post them here.

You can probably find a SGS phone (old phone, can probably find them cheap) and make it a PMP using kernal with voodoo, just make sure the model is patchable. I have the i9000m and it's great.

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #8 of 11

Quote:

You can probably find a SGS phone (old phone, can probably find them cheap) and make it a PMP using kernal with voodoo, just make sure the model is patchable. I have the i9000m and it's great.

Seems to sound just fine to me.....despite its lack of the mythical Wolfson chip. Then again, I think the 4th-gen Touch sounds good too, and it also doesn't have the Wolfson.

Apr 19, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #9 of 11

Quote:

I totally did this. My friend gave me his boot-looped SGS and I was eventually able to recover the OS. I have a sweet version of Android 4.0.4, with Voodoo Sound, and PowerAmp. This thing destroys my iPhone4 for audio quality. Now I am researching ways to effortlessly get my iTunes purchases onto my new device. So far Doubletwist is semi-working, but everything is always a WIP.

Apr 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #10 of 11
I have the 4.0 and you can get a kernel from here (Link) to get Voodoo Sound working. This is the best sounding dap I have owned. Also I have a 64GB micro sd card working in it (formatted to Fat32).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back