Samsung Galaxy S Thread
Jul 15, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #16 of 203
I still have not tried the auto setting, but I guess you're right. But I don't think you can change the genre EQ settings, at least I have found no way to do it. There is one custom preset with 8 sliders, but It's already caused a few crashes (it's still usefull though) so it seems like it needs some heavy computing power to do it's job. So I guess that's why we have been waiting for so long for somebody to implement a custom EQ on android (and apple still refuses I think).

I got an answer from an app maker regarding the headphone vs voice-call issue:

"I am sorry, this is not possible in the Android SDK. We cannot change where the audio (input and ouput) get routed to. Furthermore from what I noticed wherever they do get routed, they are always together, I have never seen it split the mic input and the audio ouput to two different devices."

But I'm waiting for those people...

http://store.androidandme.com/seidio-headphone-mic-adapter-35mm-to-35mm/11A75A2929A.htm

...to try the Galaxy S with their products (pretty sure they can solve my problem).

Jul 20, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #18 of 203
Hope to get some more impressions of this phone with it launching on all four carriers. Seems very promising so far though..might have to give up the 3gs for this

Jul 20, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #19 of 203
I played with the AT&T Captivate briefly. The screen is quite nice and dwarfs the iphone's. I didn't like the android browser though, double tap to zoom didn't format the text or images correctly at all. (website = gizmodo.com) 

Jul 27, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #20 of 203
Anyone notice this?

[size=medium]When you plug the 3.5mm jack out to a headphone device [/size](any headphone)

- Headphone frequency response is modified.
My ears would say approx :
+6db from 35 to 200hz
-2db for 500hz to 5khz
+6db from 10khz to 12khz
+3db from 12 to 16khz

The result sounds like a strong loudness filter.
And you can say good bye to most of voice definition, instrument musicality, sound stage, stereo image and... listening pleasure

source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=735918

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #21 of 203
Read through the article and there are different views as usual.Anyone noticed the 'change' after the service app fix? I am planning to buy this thing coming weekend scrapping my DAP purchase.

Jul 27, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #22 of 203

Quote:
I still have not tried the auto setting, but I guess you're right. But I don't think you can change the genre EQ settings, at least I have found no way to do it. There is one custom preset with 8 sliders, but It's already caused a few crashes (it's still usefull though) so it seems like it needs some heavy computing power to do it's job. So I guess that's why we have been waiting for so long for somebody to implement a custom EQ on android (and apple still refuses I think).

I got an answer from an app maker regarding the headphone vs voice-call issue:

"I am sorry, this is not possible in the Android SDK. We cannot change where the audio (input and ouput) get routed to. Furthermore from what I noticed wherever they do get routed, they are always together, I have never seen it split the mic input and the audio ouput to two different devices."

But I'm waiting for those people...

http://store.androidandme.com/seidio-headphone-mic-adapter-35mm-to-35mm/11A75A2929A.htm

...to try the Galaxy S with their products (pretty sure they can solve my problem).

funny i havent had a crash on mine with the music player, the galaxy s uses wolfson wm8994 and wolfson says the dac has hardware equalizer. 

Aug 2, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #24 of 203
Gosh ppl get your facts.

Samsung and Wolfson have struck a deal to have Wolfson Micro produce Audio Chips for (at least) the Galaxy S Series, The Galaxy Touch series, andthe Wave series.

You can find out more specifics at the links pasted on my blog here: http://amot.wordpress.com/2010/07/07/wolfson-audio-wm8994-audio-hub/

where I link to the Wolfson Micro docs regarding the device and the announcement.

The good news is that the Galaxy S varianta use a 24 bit capable, Class A weighted, 5-band hardware-based parametric Equalizer solution for audio streams with this part. The part number is WM8994, and is termed an "Audio Hub".

Samsung is also purportedly adding their EQing technologies and jDNSe technologies to the handset, making quite an attractive high end audio device;

I've ordered mine yesterday as an upgrade from my aging T-Mobile G1, another Android device...

So the time quote was 7 business days from Friday, July 30, 2010...

When I have it in my hot littl hands I will be SURE to put it thru its paces. Harshly so, too, as I expect it to have some serious muscle between the WM8994, the amount of RAM, the tuned Android build, and the 1GHz Hummingbird Processor. Adittionally there have been a few glitches noted and adressed with the software implementgation in thej Audio Player software which are currently being hammered away on by the xda-developers...

I'm expecting lots of fun with this Crossover Device/ True PMP....!

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #25 of 203
Saw the handset in the flesh yesterday and it does look purdy. Sadly I did not have any IEMs to test it but still looks to like a strong contender for my next phone / pmp.

Aug 6, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #30 of 203

Quote:
Gosh ppl get your facts.

i dont know what this comment is supposed to mean, but its rubbing me the wrong way. did we say something wrong that would prompt him to tell us to get the facts right? Made me double check if i somehow made an incorrect post regarding the chip.
For all i care, ive had the unit for a month now and i know everything about it, i also have it running on froyo now and have stuck with froyo after trying various eclair builds with various hacks. 
This kind of condescending post is not needed in a community forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back