Samsung Galaxy S and video
May 3, 2011 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mp3

500+ Head-Fier
I'm planning on picking up a Galaxy S, for occasional music, but mainly video playback. How many hours can it play on a charge, I haven't found any info on that.

May 5, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm a *very happy* Galaxy S owner and in my experience I don't think you can get 7h 25 minutes of video playback with a single battery charge. The codec used both for video and audio, the bitrate, resolution, brightness of the screen, audio volume and probably other factors will affect, anyway I'm not even sure if you can get half that time in real life situations.

On the other hand the Galaxy S is a really nice smartphone. Right now I would buy it again if I loose it.

May 7, 2011 at 4:46 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the info, I just saw the 7h 25min from the net, shame it doesn't seem to be that good in real use. But still I will pick up a Galaxy S, just to have for videos now and then.

Jun 28, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
I'm a *very happy* Galaxy S owner and in my experience I don't think you can get 7h 25 minutes of video playback with a single battery charge. The codec used both for video and audio, the bitrate, resolution, brightness of the screen, audio volume and probably other factors will affect, anyway I'm not even sure if you can get half that time in real life situations.

On the other hand the Galaxy S is a really nice smartphone. Right now I would buy it again if I loose it.

Definite nowhere near the 7hr mark or even half that time IMO.

If you have purchased yours alreay, have you had a chance to look into Voodoo Control Plus and Wolfson WM-8994 codec? I have a Samsung Galaxy S phone (Fascinate) loaded with Android 2.21, phone is rooted, with Voodoo Control Plus and Neutron Audio player. The Voodoo app has a headphone boost, negating the need for an external amp. Works unbelievably well and sound quality as good as anything out there, IMHO. May become more than an occasional music player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back