samsung galaxy player wifi 4/5
Nov 15, 2011 at 1:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

-sandro-

100+ Head-Fier
Hello
does anyone own one of these?
They have the same audio chipset of the galaxy s phones (wolfsons) which is supposed to be amazing.
I'm 95% buying the 4.0 version later this month and I was wondering if the audio quality is on par with the phone version.

Nov 25, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 37
I've got both the 4.0 and the 5.0.  Reviewed the 4.0.  The 5.0 is essentially the same but larger.  Great devices.  Sound is excellent. They come with IEMs that include a microphone on the cable.  The few things Samsung added to the UI are useful and practical.  Other than that they are pretty much phones without the cell connection and monthly fee.  I'm liking the 5.0 better as it has a larger battery for more time between charges. Good prices for both at BestBuy.com and other places this weekend.

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #7 of 37

Quote:
I've got both the 4.0 and the 5.0.  Reviewed the 4.0.  The 5.0 is essentially the same but larger.  Great devices.  Sound is excellent. They come with IEMs that include a microphone on the cable.  The few things Samsung added to the UI are useful and practical.  Other than that they are pretty much phones without the cell connection and monthly fee.  I'm liking the 5.0 better as it has a larger battery for more time between charges. Good prices for both at BestBuy.com and other places this weekend.

since you have it, can you tell me the battery model the 4.0 has?

Nov 26, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #8 of 37
Quote:
since you have it, can you tell me the battery model the 4.0 has?

Sure. Samsung EB494353VA 1200 mAh
On the 4.0 you have to pop off the back to install/replace the battery and the microSD card. The 5.0's back isn't intended to come off, and the microSD slot is under a swing open door on the top edge. 

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #9 of 37
Thank you, so the 4.0 battery doesn't have a shorter name like the i9000 phone that uses a G7 battery?
I'm asking because I want to find a better battery since 1200mAh seems a little low

Nov 26, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #10 of 37

Quote:
Thank you, so the 4.0 battery doesn't have a shorter name like the i9000 phone that uses a G7 battery?
I'm asking because I want to find a better battery since 1200mAh seems a little low

No shorter name, sorry.  Someone on another forum mentioned he found a 1400mAh replacement but that it didn't do any better than the stock battery.  Seems as though a battery would have to get larger to last longer, but this one fits tight in the space provided for it. Can't personally see doing much better by changing out the battery.  A spare to take with you (since they can be swapped out easily) does sound like a great idea though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back