Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Sound Quality
Oct 6, 2016 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

WayTooCrazy

Headphoneus Supremus
  Ok, I've been lurking and looking around to find my next phone. I thought I found it in the Galaxy Note 7 (I'm a big fan of the Note line), but I'm not sure of the audio quality. Some people say that the Samsung phones, in general, are poor quality. I'm not looking for audiophile DAP territory, but better than acceptable. I thought the Galaxy Note 3 sounded pretty decent.  I'm wondering if anyone out there has a Galaxy Note 7 and how do you find it's audio prowess? I can't find out where the headphone output was tested, but I'm still looking (if anyone has links, please post).

Oct 6, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #2 of 5
NVM. I went to the Verizon store during lunch. I listened to the Note 7, Moto Play Droid, and HTC 10. The HTC 10 by far beat out these phones. Then came the Moto in second place and in last place was the Note. Ugh, sounded like it was underwater or something. Lifeless mids, no bass, highs... what? So, I listen to my Xperia Z3v, and it sounds right around the quality of the HTC 10, maybe slightly more Musical, but nowhere near the power. Ok. guess I'll keep waiting and looking. A separate DAP is starting to look better and better.

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #5 of 5
I decided to go with the Note 7 anyway. I really like the feature set, and I enjoy drawing on my phone as well.

So, I guess now, I need to find a Micro DAP.

That is going to be an explosive experience! Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. 
deadhorse.gif
Enjoy and have fun with your new Note.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back