Samsung Galaxy Alpha audio
Mar 5, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #16 of 25
  So now that Samsung Galaxy S6 specs are out, does anyone have any opinions? I assume we really can't judge it before it gets tested directly by us audiophiles, but has anyone found info on whether they phone naturally supports 24bit FLAC, and anything else that may be relevant?

Sadly they promoted camera, screen etc. but nothing about audio so far. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Mar 6, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #17 of 25
  So now that Samsung Galaxy S6 specs are out, does anyone have any opinions? I assume we really can't judge it before it gets tested directly by us audiophiles, but has anyone found info on whether they phone naturally supports 24bit FLAC, and anything else that may be relevant?

Sammy's recipe : Exynos+ dedicated wolfson audio chip =
beerchug.gif

Snapdragon + integrated Qualcomm audio chip =
mad.gif

The S6 should use one of the latest Wolfson chip, which should (MUST !!! ) be better than the one in the S5, naturally 24/192 will be supported !
I'm waiting for the first review
popcorn.gif

Mar 6, 2015 at 5:19 PM Post #18 of 25
Officially, there is no such thing as Wolfson any more.

http://investor.cirrus.com/news-and-events/media-center/news-details/2014/Cirrus-Logic-Agrees-to-Acquire-Wolfson-Microelectronics/

I have not heard anything about plans for after the merger. There might be a better shot of getting a "Wolfson" DAC in a new iphone, since Cirrus has been their provider recently:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iOS_devices

Dec 11, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #24 of 25
Really? That's weird

Do not get me wrog, alpha sound really good, a little bit better than Note 4, but to my opinon Nexus S has batter audio: sound is more warm ( I like that), highs are more smooth and detiled, bas is faster, whole sound is more balanced. alpha and Note 4 have more forwarding sound... I think Nexus S have a much better amplifer than Alpha/Note 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back