Samson + Xonar DG wise choice? + FiiO E5 ahead of time = double AMP? help please :D
Dec 16, 2011 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

VaDAR

New Head-Fier
In need of clarity on a few things before i make a buy, i'm new to this audiophile jibber jabber and don't intend to be stuck around any longer lol (no sleep because of it).

I definitely have my eyes locked onto the Samson SR850C (what a god send that was) but what is bugging me and since i know this is a cheap can, i will need some sort of AMP/DAC? to get the most out of any headphone that i may also use ahead of time, including Samson. But i don't have much budget to spend which is why i am getting these cheap headphones for now.

Currently i have an X-FI XtremeGamer but thinking about Xonar DG since it fits my needs i presume (headphones gaming built in amp, music listening alot also) but i still can't make a decision, could anyone here please advise me on what is most recommended for either the AMP/DAC or the Soundcard, Thanks and also it needs to be within budget like a FiiO E5 but for Soundcard i can go crazy :)

Jan 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #3 of 4
Don't know if this helps. I recently bought a Xonar DG to drive my Goldring DR100's because they were ridiculously quite using onboard audio.

The Xonar DG has three settings for the Headphone Amp in regards to gain.

VOIP: Up to 32 ohm Headphones

Pro-Gaming Mode: 32 - 64 ohm Headphones

Exciter Mode: 64+ ohm Headphones

I'm no Audiophile but the DG made a big difference in my opinion, not only in loudness but in overall sound quality too. And as an added bonus you get Dolby Headphone too.

Hope this helps

Jan 8, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #4 of 4
For gaming and when u already are on a X-FI Xtremegamer i would really stay put with those especially with less than demanding Samsons. However for more demanding cans later consider a seperate desktop headphone amp like the Fiio E9 (for example)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back