Samson sr950?
May 7, 2013 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

latexyankee

New Head-Fier
First post so I'll try to make this short.

Recently picked up an Asus Xonar for $1 at a garage sale so ultimately I need to blow more money to compensate for the insane deal I found. I have been using Corsair vengence 1500's for about 2 years (mostly gaming). I have no qualms with them at all, I think they're good at what they do and priced fair at $80 to have an included mic, software right off the site, it's plug and play 7.1. That being said I'm no fool and know there is better so here goes...

I was all set to buy a pair of AD700's off of craigslist tomorrow for $50. The obsessive person I am made me research til my eyes bleed and I found most believe the sr850 to be superior except maybe for comfort. So I found a guitar center nearby who had them in stock and they did look somewhat uncomfortable. Then he tells me about the ''brand new sr950's". They have more cushion and soft foam/velour whathaveyou on the cups. Aside from comfort he tells me they blow the 850's out of the water. I couldnt really listen to the 2 to find out if this is true and can't find much info on these boards. Does anyone have exp. with the 950's? They are $20 more and $70 total is the most I'm willing to go (maybe $80, but I can pick these up and take'em home). I'm still torn on the AD700 for $50 but if these are that much better and NEW for + $20 I'd roll with it. Advice? All I really care about is gaming, I have some decent high end 7.1 home theater equipment for everything else. If you can link me to a review or comparison I'd appriciate it. Thanks in advance. 

Only difference on the samson site shows the 950 is closed and the 850 is open.

Just saw the the advice thread a few threads down, mods move this if you want, sorry.

May 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #5 of 5
Build quality should be the same. They are made by the same company and likely have the same drivers. I would think the 950 would have better sub bass. The 950 should be more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back