Samson SR950, bad piece maybe ?
Jul 31, 2018 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Prontus

New Head-Fier
Hello, I bought new headphones today SR950 and they lack bass, when I try to crank them up via EQ they just sound boomy and really bad. Everyone is praising these headphones for having nice bass. I only found like 5 people on the net who have the same issue and I don't know if I should just return them or do some burn in. Other than the bass they sound nice the soundstage is amazing but they lack bass altogether.

Thanks for help

Jul 31, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 3
What sources are you plugging the headphones into?
Can you leave them plugged in overnight, with somewhat loud audio being sent thru them.

Jul 31, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 3
What sources are you plugging the headphones into?
Can you leave them plugged in overnight, with somewhat loud audio being sent thru them.
I am plugging them to my computer motherboard which has a realtek 1150. And I also tried on my Nokia 8. I was used to koss porta pro which started to sound bad after 5 years of heavy use. I got these and so far my experience is totally different from other people. I tried burn in for 5 hours and it didn't help. It's not like it can't drive the bass I can hear that the headphones cannot gandle them because they sound really flat and cracky at higher volumes even without EQ. Might be a bad piece I don't really know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back