Same price, SA6 or triple.fi 10?
Dec 28, 2009 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

jpscool4u

New Head-Fier
(Posting on behalf of a friend)

My super.fi 3's broke the other day and I'm looking for a new pair of IEMs. I liked the sf3's, although I found the bass a bit weak, and I'm looking to upgrade from that (and upgrade across the board, obviously). My main choices are: Sleek SA6's at $150, UE Triple.fi 10's at $150 (ebay), or Ety ER-4P at ~$160. SQ, sound isolation, microphonics, and comfort are all important (I am okay with the feel of the TF10's, if they are simliar to the SF3's). Initially I was choosing between the SA6 and UE super.fi 5, for about the same price, but now I have found the triple.fi 10's on eBay for $150 (brand new), probably resellers of the $99 amazon deal.

So... which should I get?

Dec 28, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #2 of 11
If you found the bass on the sf3 weak, then i suggest you stay clear of the Etymotics.
Hmm, since your friend was using a sf3 before the fitting shouldn't be much of a problem as the TF-10 is only slightly larger and since your friend is a fan of the UE sound signature(deduced from the fact that he was using an sf3), i'd say the obvious answer would be the TF-10s.

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #4 of 11
You should get em while you can for that price, the Triple Fi.10.

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #5 of 11
It would depend on what type of music you listen to and what kind of sound you want.
Different people will prefer one over the other.

Check ClieoS's review thread on IEMs, the SA6 and triple.fi are mentioned there. He prefered the triple.fi over all, but I've seen others prefer the SA6 because it has better, more forward midrange. The SA6 is not shy on bass, but the ER-4P seems to be quite lean when unamped.

Maybe consider the Yuin IEMs from Head-Direct also, they seem to be very good and quite a lot cheaper than 150 USD.

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #8 of 11
hmm... With financials included I guess get the triples, but SA6 are more balanced and sound better to me overall. Sometimes I want alot of bass and the triples are fun for that but not an overall sound for me. SA6 sound better in the end.

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #9 of 11
I have both and prefer the Triples soundwise. The SA6 really isn't that shy on bass, especially with the newer Bass+ ports (with the yellow membrane). The midrange is definitely more present on the SA6 but the Triple's sound separation and soundstage is much better imo. While the SA6 has some great sound I feel the Triple's are much more revealing, I am hearing new sounds in my music all over again, and in fact have noticed that some of my music is not up to par in recording quality. Something I never noticed as much on the SA6's.

To me the SA6 is MUCH more comfortable and isolates better for me than the Triple's though. You can barely see the SA6 is in my ears whereas the Triples stick out a LOT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back