Same Koss KSC75 different packaging?
Nov 5, 2007 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dimm0k

100+ Head-Fier
Looking through on eBay there looks to be two different packaging used for the Koss KSC75 earphones and I was wondering if there's a difference between the two or if one is bootleg or not.

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 11
The old packaging is ugly blue and orange in that long vertical half-oval thing. The new packaging is in the same blister pack, but the colors are white/light lime with a hint of sea green.

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #3 of 11
I have seen two different packages - though for the two versions (with and without volume control). The one that I got from radioshack was with volume control, also got a pair from amazon with the slight greenish pack...

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by pannayar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have seen two different packages - though for the two versions (with and without volume control). The one that I got from radioshack was with volume control, also got a pair from amazon with the slight greenish pack...

What coloring was the packaging for the one with the volume control? Is it mentioned on the packaging that there is a volume control?

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #5 of 11
Slightly off topic, but I'm pretty sure my Panasonics from wal-mart are ksc75's in a different guise. They sound amazing for $9.

I should take them apart and post pics...

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by dimm0k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What coloring was the packaging for the one with the volume control? Is it mentioned on the packaging that there is a volume control?

I returned that to keep the one without the volume control. If I remember right, it was dark bluish/violet... (I am a little color blind
frown.gif
)

Nov 5, 2007 at 6:06 AM Post #7 of 11
This is the packaging of the new 60ohm KSC75 with no volume control I just got from a retailer. The old 60ohm no volume control packaging is the familiar orange/blue packaging, in the same shape. I think the squarish roundish blister pack is the one with volume control.
IMG_0254s.jpg

Nov 5, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarchi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slightly off topic, but I'm pretty sure my Panasonics from wal-mart are ksc75's in a different guise. They sound amazing for $9.

I should take them apart and post pics...

Which model is it?

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #9 of 11
Thanks for the pic Fungi. Those are the ones I received when I purchased them the first time around... just that I've been seeing the orange/blue boxes on eBay as well and wondered if there was any differences.

Nov 7, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fungi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the packaging of the new 60ohm KSC75 with no volume control I just got from a retailer. The old 60ohm no volume control packaging ...

Thats what I got from amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back