Salvation Army: RMS HP-15
May 26, 2008 at 5:38 PM Post #16 of 26
Id be up for anything, i just graduated, and i haven't made a headphone investment since last summer. Ive been looking to buy some Lambdas, but this may be cheaper and more fun (mostly because i dont have 500$)

May 29, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #17 of 26
I took the easy road and made possibly the most elaborate (weighing in at just over 3lbs) KSC75 headband on headfi. For around 30$ they sound miles better then my pre-headfi Bose Triports, kind of sharp but with a huge stage.

May 29, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #18 of 26
Wow, early '70s by the look of them and bearing a strong resemblance to old Pioneer phones of the period (barring that honkin' great volume on the cups) They could well be OEM from a bigger Co like Pioneer, complete with crappy paper cones.

Sweet deal!! Now, turn them into something super cool.
tongue.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #19 of 26
Though id dig this up again as im going home and thinking of bringing these up to school. Is there anywhere I can pick up to drivers to transplant into these guys? At the moment I think i just glued some KSC-75s inside.

Mar 19, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #20 of 26
Here
DO IT!

Uncle Erik, thanks for the link!

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #21 of 26
interesting, different then what if was thinking, what kind of driver is it?

not so good with the technical side of things, this is to hold me over until i build my amp next trimester

Mar 20, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #22 of 26
It's an ortho driver. It's harder than just popping the driver in. You'll need to dampen it if you didn't know that already. It's well worth the effort though.

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #24 of 26
............................................______ __
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

I hope that was a joke. It looked like it. Not trying to be mean or anything, but I don't think he wants a club in his head.

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchess of York /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Before i tare these apart (for my first mod attempt), anyone have any thoughts on them? The best way to describe them is like listening to my HD650s, but if they were on the other side of the room.

Yes, but these ARE on the other side of the room! : ) If they sound like the HD650, coupled with the value of the box, it looks like you got a great deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back