Sale etiquette
Mar 3, 2007 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

j5brock

New Head-Fier
New to head-fi.. Have been a taper for several years and have bought and sold thousands of dollars worth of gear through other boards - and never had a problem.. I bought a pair of W5000s off this board last weekend and gave the seller my fedex # to ship with.. I paid the same day and he said he would ship on Monday. As we were working out the price he responded almost as quick as I could send him a message.. Now - he doesn't respond at all and will not send me a tracking number.. Obviously, I can make a claim through Paypal (worth the 3% for peace of mind) however - how long should I give him before I call him out on these boards so that others are not screwed. I have checked his profile and he has been on these boards several times since I have sent him multiple messages requesting a tracking number - so it is not a case of him not getting communication from me. Thanks

Jeff

Mar 3, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 6
Unless previously agreed I give a seller three days to respond with a number or at least with an excuse. However if no response in 3 days I call him/her out on this forums. If he/she provides an excuse then I would give him/her another 3 days to come up with the tracking number.

Like you said the seller has been in here so is not like he/she has not received your messages. Good luck.

Mar 6, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #6 of 6
I'd second checking your fed ex account. You'd see the shipment if it was even processed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back