Sakamoto Maaya + Kanno Yoko = bliss
Feb 8, 2005 at 10:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

aeriyn

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got Sakamoto Maaya's album "DIVE." The vocals and lyrics are Maaya's own, but the arrangement and music is from none other than Kanno Yoko! The song "Pace" even has Seat Belts playing the music.

Favorite song from this album would have to be "Getsu-yo no asa." The song is seriously amazing, it's aural bliss. My new favorite song. =P "Pace" is very good, especially hearing Kanno Yoko's band play with Maaya singing. "Baby Face" is quite catchy and Maaya sounds great in both English and Japanese (this song is in English).

If you're a fan of Kanno Yoko, or you just like good easy-to-listen to pop with a heartfelt vocalist like Maaya, definitely check this album out!

Feb 8, 2005 at 11:14 AM Post #2 of 9
The last two songs on "Lucy" are pretty good.

Feb 8, 2005 at 11:25 AM Post #3 of 9
I will have to get that album next.
icon10.gif

Feb 8, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #4 of 9
The first collaboration of those two I heard was "Light of Love" from the Brain Powerd 2 soundtrack. Not the most complex song, but man, I must have looped it a hundred times after first hearing it.

Never started out as a big fan of anime vocals, but those two do some impressive work together.

Feb 8, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriyn
I just got Sakamoto Maaya's album "DIVE." The vocals and lyrics are Maaya's own, but the arrangement and music is from none other than Kanno Yoko! The song "Pace" even has Seat Belts playing the music.

Favorite song from this album would have to be "Getsu-yo no asa." The song is seriously amazing, it's aural bliss. My new favorite song. =P "Pace" is very good, especially hearing Kanno Yoko's band play with Maaya singing. "Baby Face" is quite catchy and Maaya sounds great in both English and Japanese (this song is in English).

If you're a fan of Kanno Yoko, or you just like good easy-to-listen to pop with a heartfelt vocalist like Maaya, definitely check this album out!

ar, dive is a very good album even it was released 7 years ago.
月曜の朝...like the distorted guitar and the background noises?
i think 孤独 and dive are the best songs tho.

Feb 9, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
The first collaboration of those two I heard was "Light of Love" from the Brain Powerd 2 soundtrack. Not the most complex song, but man, I must have looped it a hundred times after first hearing it.

Never started out as a big fan of anime vocals, but those two do some impressive work together.

That's also a good song.
smily_headphones1.gif
I have the compilation album that song is on, "Hotchpotch."

Feb 20, 2005 at 12:33 PM Post #7 of 9
<3 Maaya Sakamoto. One of the most pleasant voices to ever grace the Jpop and anime music world.

Grapefruit, Dive, Hotchpotch, Lucy, Easy Listening, Nikopachi and Shounen Alice = Bliss
icon10.gif

Feb 20, 2005 at 8:36 PM Post #8 of 9
The Yoko Kanno/Maaya Sakamoto combination is definitely one that I enjoy a great deal... though "DIVE" is probably one of her albums that I like least.

I love "Lucy" though, and the Nikopachi Single Collection is just about one song short of being perfect - I really wish 光の中へ was on that album (but it was on Hotchpotch, so it's understandable).

~KS

Feb 21, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #9 of 9
Grapefruit is one of my favorite from the collection. The escaflowne tracks are very nostalgic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back