Safe volume to listen to music???
Dec 5, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #16 of 23
If you're worried about your health, the only responsible advice is you should go and see your doctor. Fiddling around with bits of cardboard and SPL meters will get you nowhere.

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Remember that the decibel scale is a log scale.  Human voice is around 70 decibels. Over 110 decibels can be physically painful.

http://www.kodachrome.org/salt/sunderst.htm

i was under the impression human voice is around 60 db... nevermind. 110 db is just absurd, theres no way in hell i listen at such a volume, theres just no way.

Quote:
Fiddling around with bits of cardboard and SPL meters will get you nowhere.

absolutly

Dec 5, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

I was kidding obviously 
tongue.gif

the K240 MKII are known to be bright and fatiguing headphones, thats probably a reason why you have pain? 

forgot i wanted to quote this one too... bright and fatiguing? are the dt770s known to be the same? iv been having problems with fatigue myself...

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #19 of 23
I was kidding obviously :p

the K240 MKII are known to be bright and fatiguing headphones, thats probably a reason why you have pain? 

The K240 MKII/Studio is one of the least bright and fatiguing headphones I've every heard. They're mid-centric and a little soft. After all, they're nicknamed "The Groovalizer". I can't imagine anyone finding them bright or fatiguing.

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #21 of 23
Actually I just realized something. I'm a college freshmen at college and I have a roommate in a medium size room for two people. He frequently skypes his girlfriend and I realized that his voice is usually louder than then the music I listen too. AKG K240 MKII are semi-open, so am I playing my music too quietly? I'm so confused????

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:
Actually I just realized something. I'm a college freshmen at college and I have a roommate in a medium size room for two people. He frequently skypes his girlfriend and I realized that his voice is usually louder than then the music I listen too. AKG K240 MKII are semi-open, so am I playing my music too quietly? I'm so confused????

a good rule of thumb I read some time ago here on head-fi, is that if you are using open phones and can't hear the voice of somebody talking to you in a normal tone of voice, then you are listening at a dangerous volume. So you should be fine from the sound pressure (dB) POV. Still, pain is an excellent mechanism with which your body communicates with you. Don't ignore it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back