Safe volume limits
Nov 27, 2010 at 6:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

jjb3

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.physorg.com/news80304823.html

This is a good study, the only one I could find that answered alot of my questions. I tend to listen at lower volumes for short periods so I probably do more damage listening to my car radio.

Nov 27, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 13

Quote:
 This is a good study, the only one I could find that answered alot of my questions. I tend to listen at lower volumes for short periods so I probably do more damage listening to my car radio. 

Thank You So Much for posting this very informative info for us earphone/headphone users. I think alot of us should read this....we definitely want to enjoy our music but at the same time not lose our hearing.

Nov 27, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 13
Safe volume limits=Highest as you can go. 
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 27, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:
ksc75smile.gif

I Hope You're joking! We had a meet and a older fellow brought in at least thirty prs of good headphones, He said he couldn't use any of his Senns. because of his hearing aids feeding back.......So keep the Vol. at a reasonable level........OK.......

Nov 27, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #5 of 13
Believe me I keep it at a reasonable level. I want to enjoy my music & earphones for a long long time. I see young people blasting their earphones all the time even in a moving train i can hear it.

Nov 27, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
Believe me I keep it at a reasonable level. I want to enjoy my music & earphones for a long long time. I see young people blasting their earphones all the time even in a moving train i can hear it.

This. 

At school, I hear my friends just blasting their stock iPod earphones. Hearing is not something we can just throw around and not care about it. 

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
Quote:
ksc75smile.gif

I Hope You're joking! We had a meet and a older fellow brought in at least thirty prs of good headphones, He said he couldn't use any of his Senns. because of his hearing aids feeding back.......So keep the Vol. at a reasonable level........OK.......

Of course I'm joking.....No but seriously I find myself listening at lower volumes for some odd reason O-o. Never used to be like this but hey it's a good thing so I'm satisfied. 

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #8 of 13
who the hell in their right minds would listen at full volume...for even five minutes a day

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #9 of 13
That depends on the amp on your dap. I had a Sansa E260 which was not very powerful and at that time I had the E3 I believe and I needed to go near max to get to my usual listening volume. However in most cases max volume is too loud unless you have set some kind of volume max limit.

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
who the hell in their right minds would listen at full volume...for even five minutes a day

oh I meant by the tests they conducted, w/ standard crapple buds unamped 

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #11 of 13
I try to take a balanced approach: short bursts of loud music when I feel like I really need it, but otherwise a more reasonable volume for casual listening/gaming. The older I get, the more I am interested in preserving my hearing.

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
I try to take a balanced approach: short bursts of loud music when I feel like I really need it, but otherwise a more reasonable volume for casual listening/gaming. The older I get, the more I am interested in preserving my hearing.

1+ 

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #13 of 13
Treat your ears as you treat your eyes -- an annual screening just makes sense for any audiophile. It doesn't cost much, and will help spot slow-onset loss before it gets serious. One of the biggest problems in hearing health is that people believe there will be obvious symptoms, like tinnitus, which not necessarily the case. The majority of people do not exhibit any overt symptoms at all.

I get free annual screenings at trade shows (pro audio industry), although a full-range frequency test in an audiologist's test facility is preferable. Custom IEM buyers can sometimes get combo deals if tested when having impressions made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back