Safe payment method other than PayPal
May 23, 2016 at 7:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Eroica4th

Banned: Multiple incomplete trades. Previously known as Exhuman93
Hello, so i have my ak240ss on sale, and ive asked for paypal as a payment method. But recently i have been told that i will not be able to have the money from paypal in cash. Since Kuwait is not listed..

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments-Archive/how-can-i-transfer-money-from-paypal-account-to-kuwait-credit/td-p/654804

My main point of selling ak240ss is to get cash. Im running low lol. I know it is very hard to make buyers trust me since i have no feedbacks.

But is there any other method that can secure both me and the buyer?

Thanks.

May 23, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #2 of 15

Unfortunately PayPal has been king of online payments with really no competition. Not many people (including myself) would even accept anything other than PayPal on here. I'd recommend you stick with PayPal.

If you need "quick cash" you may want to sell at a Pawnshop or craigslist. PayPal isn't fast if you're not established with them. I've been using PayPal since it started in 1998.

May 23, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #5 of 15
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8dcce3e160f5b9538489e17951d2c62172

That's not possible in Kuwait. Living in a third world country is so annoying.

No one here would believe that this dap costs 3000 usd. Imagine selling it for 1500 usd rofl. They will think that im brain damaged !

May 23, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #6 of 15
I found something about if you're in Kuwait you can withdraw the money to a US bank account.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments-Archive/how-can-i-transfer-money-from-paypal-account-to-kuwait-credit/td-p/654804

You would need a third party, firstly to transfer to their US bank account then lastly transfer your bank account.

May 23, 2016 at 8:18 AM Post #7 of 15
I found something about if you're in Kuwait you can withdraw the money to a US bank account.

You would need a third party, firstly to transfer to their US bank account then lastly transfer your bank account.

Thanks, but that is so risky and i have to spend money for this service. Eventually my balanced will be frozen and my paypal account get banned.

Is bank transfer safe?

May 23, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #8 of 15
Thanks, but that is so risky and i have to spend money for this service. Eventually my balanced will be frozen and my paypal account get banned.

Is bank transfer safe?

Only something I would personally consider if you have family or close (trusted) friends within the US with a bank account.

May 23, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #9 of 15
My main point of selling ak240ss is to get cash. Im running low lol. I know it is very hard to make buyers trust me since i have no feedbacks.

Then it will be even harder without PayPal since PayPal provides protection for buyers. To me, it's too risky to do a bank transfer with someone you don't know.

May 23, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #11 of 15
Hi.  Only thing I can think of is to get a CC advance from your paypal card to cash for immediate use and have the proceeds of the sale replenish the balance due.

Good luck!

Paul

May 23, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #12 of 15
I think im stuck

Well, Head-Fi is just not the place to sell if you don't want to use PayPal. Have you seen the message at the top of each trade forum?

☞ DO NOT REQUEST OR SEND MONEY USING PAYPAL GIFT/PERSONAL, WESTERN UNION OR MONEYGRAM. ☜
EVEN TO MEMBERS WITH GOOD FEEDBACK! NIGERIAN SCAMMERS TARGET WTB ADS WITH SUCH REQUESTS TOO.
☞ DO NOT SEND INTERNATIONAL ITEMS WITHOUT TRACKING!
☞ ONLY EVER SEND TO THE ADDRESS ON THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT

Bank transfers would fit in that first category.

May 23, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #14 of 15
The seller is asking for cheaper shipping service, and he wants to pay via paypal. This is also included in the list but meh.

May 25, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #15 of 15
Just to update you, and if there is anyone by any chance who is having the same trouble ( stuck paypal balance for online use only ) and willing to sell using Bank Transfer or Western Union. I think this is the best way. Offer your item for trusted headfiers, send them the item first, let them make sure that you are serious. And then they can transfer the money. Still this will lower the chance but that's the safest approach... thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back