Safe listening levels on an Ipod???
Sep 18, 2007 at 3:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

only500made

100+ Head-Fier
I'm curious to know, what's the safest listening level for an ipod for arround 4 hours a day?

I currently have my ipod 5G at a volume limit (@ 50% of the ipod's total)- I know it isn't that high compared to some people here

Sep 18, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #3 of 5
Besides the impedance you also have to consider the loudness of the tracks.
New CDs are a lot louder than old ones.
I use mp3Gain to adjust all my songs to 93 dB and liten at 50% vlume with my 16 ohm IEM.

Sep 18, 2007 at 11:42 AM Post #4 of 5
Yeah a good indication your music is too loud is when your ears start bleeding..

But seriously, I personally try to lower the volume so that I can hear all noises around me (I use clip-ons). If you listen to music at any level for a long enough time you will damage your ears. If you look hard enough on the net you can find some examples of how long you can listen to a certain noise per day, I think something like a vacuum cleaner can't be heard more than a half hour before damage starts to set in.

Sep 18, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

It all greatly depends on what your output is. When I had my iPod, I never went above 50% with low impedance cans.

Yeah, I think it really depends now that I read that. I have the SFP5s and its high sensitivity doesnt require me to crank up the volume.

il just leave my volume limit to 50%. Its enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back