Sad, sad, day...Queen Song Butchery for the masses.
Apr 12, 2006 at 3:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

megawzrd

500+ Head-Fier
Wow...I don't watch the show American Idol but I heard that they were doing Queen tonight. I tuned in for the massacre and after Bohemian Rhapsody that's all I can take. No one should be aloud to do that song. As for the Simon Cowell...I was under the impression that he gave the most critical and serious reviews. That guy is a joke. How can you sit there with a straight face and tell someone "you brought it." Guess it doesn't matter to him since he is making bank...but geez have a little respect for Freddie. That was bohemian blasphemy. If you can't hit all the notes and put any emotion behind it...you have no business singing that song.

Apr 12, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #2 of 20
I don't watch American Idol, but as a Queen fan I had considered watching this episode...then as a Queen fan I decided against it. I'd rather not have my memory of Queen songs tainted. I'm not saying that some of the singers won't be half way decent, but they can't hold a candle to Freddie.

Apr 12, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #4 of 20
I despise that show. Id rather listen to cats in heat at 2 AM.

Can't be as bad as Vanila ice.... any of you kiddies old enough to remember that turd?

Garrett

Apr 12, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Can't be as bad as Vanila ice.... any of you kiddies old enough to remember that turd?

Garrett

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice
Word to ya mother

biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 20
As a Queen fan, I did watch. Sadly. I had to watch Live at Wembley to get the taste out of my mouth. However, they tried, so I cannot knock them too hard.

What was more disquieting to me is the fact that some of my neighbors were sure that Queen did not originate "Crazy Little Thing Called Love." That was disturbing.

Apr 12, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #7 of 20
I've been trying to get the memory of one of Queen's concerts films out of my mind for years— mainly, Freddie Mercury methodically stripping down to his shorts and prancing around the stage with teeth like a stallion. Errrgghghg.

Apr 12, 2006 at 7:02 AM Post #8 of 20
My friend and I decided, regretfully, that we would watch American Idol tonight. For me, the worst part was the fact that the surviving members of Queen took part in this travesty. To sum up the hour, all I have to say is this: I think it would have been less offensive to the music and legacy of Queen if all 8 contestants went and individually urinated on Freddy Mercury's grave.

Apr 12, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang
I've been trying to get the memory of one of Queen's concerts films out of my mind for years— mainly, Freddie Mercury methodically stripping down to his shorts and prancing around the stage with teeth like a stallion. Errrgghghg.

What a revolting vision
blink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
I despise that show. Id rather listen to cats in heat at 2 AM.

WORD

Apr 12, 2006 at 8:00 AM Post #11 of 20
oh man..worst ever. parents love the show. that bulsh was on and i had to crank the phones.

Apr 12, 2006 at 1:25 PM Post #14 of 20
Yeah, I can't believe the actual band members let that happen. The only guy in that whole thing who may actually have a future as a singer (and not just a one hit pop piece of crap) is that bald guy. He's got a good rocker voice...

lousy song choice though. I mean seriously, of ALL the Queen, he picked THAT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back