SACD update straight from Sony
Apr 30, 2002 at 11:47 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by jaghouse
Maybe SACD will be successful. Sounds like they are dumping cash into multichannel recordings that would sound "good" for the home theater fanatics.

I can see it now from the Best Buy sales rep: "Hey come check out the SACD multichannel recording of Kid Rock using a Sony DVD player and Bose Acousticrap speakers."

If that is what it takes to keep this killer format, so be it!

May 1, 2002 at 12:34 AM Post #17 of 17
My feeling from reading the posts over at audioasylum is that SACD is just now beginning to swing into "high gear". Many, many recordings are just now being released or are planned for release between now and summer.

The differences between well-recorded SACD and redbook are not subtle. I really believe they are differences the average Joe can hear and appreciate, given the chance. I think this is PARTICULARLY true of acoustic music that is typically enjoyed live without miking--for instance, jazz or classical. As these are my favorite music types (along with classic and Christian rock), I am REALLY pulling for this format to succeed, and it's certainly looking like it will be around for some time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back