sacd for $200
Oct 6, 2004 at 7:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dagnar

New Head-Fier
i am a newbie and i curse the existence of sites like this that draw me in as a newbie and quickly turn me into something else...with that said i'm ready to drop some cash i don't have.

i'm looking for a source(sacd) around $200. i was gonna go for the philips 1000(there's 2 on ebay going for $100 if anybody is interested) but don't want to deal with the hassle of it's reliability issues. i've read good things on the philips 963a and the redbook upsampling makes it even more attractive. however, i'm figuring it's like a 2 year old player and there could be newer players that have surpassed the 963a at this $200 price point.

perhaps one of those sony carousel players, the 5 disc changer would be a nice convenience feature.

anythoughts, recommendations...?

oh yeah, i'll be listening on my senn 580's w/ stock cables and...haven't picked out an amp yet, but i do have some sr60's. waiting for reviews on the new supermono...

man...to think just a couple of weeks ago i was trying to figure out what redbook was...i thought it was some reference cd everybody used to measure their players. haha.

Oct 6, 2004 at 12:09 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by dagnar
i'm looking for a source(sacd) around $200. i was gonna go for the philips 1000(there's 2 on ebay going for $100 if anybody is interested) but don't want to deal with the hassle of it's reliability issues. i've read good things on the philips 963a and the redbook upsampling makes it even more attractive. however, i'm figuring it's like a 2 year old player and there could be newer players that have surpassed the 963a at this $200 price point.

You can get the 963SA for $200? Geez, they sell that for 595€ new here.

Welcome and sorry about your wallet yada yada... (that stuff is not true, I've only spent like triple to my original headphone budget since I got here
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back