SACD Combo? Or SACD seperate?
Sep 5, 2003 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

zombietycho

100+ Head-Fier
I'm really new to the whole 5.1 and such aspect to audio, and I want to get into it, REALLY badly.

SO I have been looking around for a DVD/SACD player for sometime now, and it seems that I have stumbled upon a good deal.

Super long Sonystyle link

This is at a super huge sale I'll be going to tommorow for around 800 canadian dollars. However, I can also get a 1 disc SACD/DVD player WITH a seperate reciever for around the same price. A pioneer Elite DVD audio/DVD/SACD player and a Panasonic DTS ES reciever.

I'm without all 5 speakers right now, but I can't see that lasting for very long. SO I just want to know what will probally be better?

Is the SONY ES worth the name AND the 5 disc for the 800 bucks?
Or should I scrap the 5 disc changer and get a 1 discer so I can have DVD-A and grab the 6.1?

Thanks for any help/advice you can bring to the thread!

Sep 5, 2003 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 4
Have you looked at the new Pioneer 563A DVD/DVD-A/CD/SACD player? It does it all for about $180 US. Then you would have plenty left over to get a 5.1 Receiver.

John

Sep 5, 2003 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 4
I think the Pioneer player is quite similar to the one you mentioned. I belive the model number is DV45A, on sale for 555 dollars, regular 1048 (Canadian).

Both seem like a great deal, but the 5 disc changer is very tempting.

Also, for now I will be listening with headphones or with 2 speakers, and since the Sony already has the reciever built in, I can put it right near my computer and just listen to it. The Pioneer doesn't have a headphone jack, so I might need the 2 components together.

Sep 7, 2003 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 4
Without hearing them both, it's really hard to tell. That does sound like a good deal, but I would be hesitant to lay that judgement upon thee without actually hearing it.

Buy both and sell the one you don't like. It'll be more expensive in the long run, but at least you'll be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back