Sabre DAC static help
Apr 13, 2015 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

redrich2000

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a Sabre DAC I've been using for a while. Just switched it to a new Dell PC. It's started going static-y. If I unplug it and plug it in again is corrects. Is this likely a problem with the DAC or the USB port or something else?

Apr 13, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 4
Can you describe the static further?  

For example, what if you have no music playing, but you turn the volume on your DAC way up, and then just move your mouse, not even clicking, just moving? Is there static in sync with the mouse movements?  

If so, I think this would mean you're getting some kind of interference through your USB, which is pretty common (at least in my experience). The best solution I know is to use an  optical interconnect instead of USB/Coax so that the DAC is electrically isolated from the PC. 

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #4 of 4
  Can you describe the static further?  

For example, what if you have no music playing, but you turn the volume on your DAC way up, and then just move your mouse, not even clicking, just moving? Is there static in sync with the mouse movements?  

If so, I think this would mean you're getting some kind of interference through your USB, which is pretty common (at least in my experience). The best solution I know is to use an  optical interconnect instead of USB/Coax so that the DAC is electrically isolated from the PC. 

No, no static from mouse movement, only when sound is playing through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back