Sabaj A20d 2022 Version ES9038Pro DAC
Jul 4, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #17 of 24
https://wechdomi.org/M333/o5dsd512.zip
Try this. It's native dsd 512 as is the Yuri file.
----No more link shared privately--
Here is a folder that I am uploading a few to. They're huge so it's going to take a few minutes. by the time you get that wechdomi file downloaded the first one will certainly be ready.

My thought? it works when upscaled to 512, not when it is native.////////

What are you using to play them?

Edit: removed link. Shared others privately. It appears as though we have confirmed they are unable to play native 512

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2022 at 11:41 PM Post #18 of 24
Hi-Fi Express reached out and solved the issue when I asked on another forum.

"
About the problem of playing dsd 512, can be download the plugin of foobar.

To support DSD256 and above, foobar must use another set of plug-ins. The original foo_dsd_asio does not support high bit rates.

Open this URL, which is the most original source of the sacd plugin, which can be understood as the official website of the foobar sacd plugin:

Super Audio CD Decoder - Browse Files at SourceForge.net

Super Audio CD Decoder input plugin for foobar2000. Decoder is capable of playing back Super Audio CD ISO images, DSDIFF, DSF and DSD WavPack files.…
sourceforge.net

If it's a fresh install of foobar, you only need to download two things:

foo_out_asio+dsd

foo_input_sacd

Install foobar, then install these two plugins, restart foobar, and enter the settings

In the output in the settings, select the output device: ASIO+DSD: your device name

Then click OK and that's it. No other additional settings are required. Many introductions say that DSD needs to open the Processor. In fact, this is a plug-in for converting the code rate, and there is no need to open this plug-in."

Attachments

• 20220704_233435.jpg
    20220704_233435.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 17, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #19 of 24
Well I did it.. And... Holy crap.

I have a diablo and a set of DT-880s 600 ohm. I also have a pair of Mackie SRM 215 V-Class PA's and a pair of DRM-18s to compliment.

I have had the pleasure of listening to electrostatic headphones. I hvae been lucky enough to walk into rooms with vintage Fischer setups.

There was a time in my life that I had not heard music, and then there is my life after the A20-D.
The imaging clarity and reproduction of tracks that I have listened to literally thousands of times are like brand new. I am absolutely floored. I have a 96k xlr coming shortly I'll post some graphs of what I can do with my limited setup. >>Just holy crap.
How did you like DT-880 using A20d? And what gain you used for it?

Oct 4, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #20 of 24
I returned my Fiio K9 Pro ESS for this since the Fiio can't reliably handle the optical output of my TV/Monitor (LG C2 42"). So for I'm very pleased with it - no more Toslink dropouts, and it's totally silent with my Andromeda IEMs. Ideally it would have XLR-4 and a true balance HPA (and maybe an OLED screen) but for the money it's superb!

Mar 24, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #24 of 24
Just picked this DAC/amp up to use with the LCD-X 2021 and wow. I think I read a review somewhere that said something like you get texture from voices and instruments on the A20d, and that was 100% correct. Also, on busy passages, it does a great job of staying composed. It’s easier to pick out what background instruments/voices are doing on busy mixes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back