SAA HD650 headphone cable repair
Aug 31, 2008 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Stram

New Head-Fier
After a year my SAA HD650 cable has stopped on the right ear. I thought it might be the headphones but the original cable and cardas cable work fine. My question is it advisable to attempt a fix instead of having to ship it back to the US? If so can it be resoldered with the parts right now or get some new cardas connectors?. I can't solder myself but can find somebody who can if its possible. This is of course under the assumption that the fault it on the connector, how could I check for sure? Or maybe I should ditch them and buy an APS V3 as an alternative?

Thanks for any help

Sep 1, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #3 of 6
It would cost you an arm and a leg to have it repaired.

Had a similar problem with one of my SAA cables and I was quoted about half the cost of a new one to repair (excluding shipping).
frown.gif

Sep 1, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbln /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Had a similar problem with one of my SAA cables and I was quoted about half the cost of a new one to repair (excluding shipping).
frown.gif

Shouldn't that be covered under some sort of warranty?

Sep 1, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbln /img/forum/go_quote.gif

frown.gif

that seems a bit much. now i'm curious what the warranty is on these things.

Sep 1, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #6 of 6
i found this.

-----------------

Warranty

Full 1 Year warranty covering parts and labor.

Within the period of warranty, (the period of warranty commences at the date product is received) we will remove any defects in the product due to material or manufacturing faults free of charge by either repairing or replacing parts or the products as we deem appropriate. If Stefan AudioArt is not in the possession of your receipt, you are liable to pay the cost for any repair. The warranty does not encompass and Stefan AudioArt is not liable for the following: damage due to improper use (incorrect operation by the user, operation with wrong current supply or voltage, connection to unsuitable power sources, breakage, etc.), normal wear and tear and defects which have inconsequential effect on the value and performance of the product. The warranty automatically expires if repair measures are undertaken by persons not authorized to do so.

-----

seems like the warranty is only for the original owner and does not cover "normal wear and tear" whatever that means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back