SA6 owners, I need your help!
Oct 11, 2008 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Jabada

100+ Head-Fier
I was surfing the web when I saw this pic:
20462111394.jpg

They seem to have the same size as the Panasonic RP-HJE900 connector:
dscn2235df7.jpg

If that is true and the ground/signal maches that of the SA6 cable, I'll try the Panasonic with the W-1 Wireless Transmitter.
Are there anybody willing to take the SA6 connector sizes with a caliper, pretty please?
Thanks!

Oct 11, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #3 of 9
Well, a sleek rep is yet to reply in my DIY cable thread on the sleek forums so don't hold your breath.
tongue.gif

Oct 11, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #5 of 9
I should have read that post before!
tongue.gif

ClieOS: "The cable jack isn't proprietary. Panasonic is using the same jack on its new IEM. IIRC, the jack is originally used as a kind power jack for power adapter."

Edwood: "Yeah, it looks like a standard barrel connector, but it's not easy to find. I measure 2mm OD for the plug end. ID is around 0.5mm So 2.0 x 0.5mm barrel connector would be the closest I could think of that would work. I'd like to find the jack end, because I'd like to make adapters to be able to use other IEM's with the W-1 Wireless transmitter without voiding the warranty."

Thanks for the reply guys!

Oct 11, 2008 at 12:13 PM Post #7 of 9
Only trouble with that jack is it is going to stick out quite a lot. The Sleek is right angled. They already are quite prominant so I think these jacks will make the SA6s look decidedly weird.

Oct 11, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #8 of 9
Why anyone would want to use the panasonic wires with the sleeks is beyond me, but the point is it might be possible to use the sleek wireless adapter with the panasonic phones. If we knew precisely what that jack was, we could also make aftermarket cables, which would be 4TMFW.

Oct 11, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #9 of 9
Sorry if I exposed my idea in the wrong way. English is my third language
tongue.gif

My idea is to use the Panasonic IEM with the W1 wireless transmiter, not the oposite.
I'd buy the SA6 to try it myself, but I don' want to end up with 100% customs as when I ordered my q-JAYS.
I've heard about phones not being polarized, but then I saw a lot of people not only inverting the chanel but pins position too, when doing the UE flip flop mod. But if there are no problems, I'll make a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back