SA5k cable repair
May 12, 2006 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MrD

Head-Fier
The cable on both channels of my SA5ks has more or less gone, and it's definitely at the earcup end rather than the Y-splitter as some people have apparently had problems with.

I really don't want to open them up myself, so is there anywhere in the UK that is likely to be able to repair them? Recabling isn't really an option, I want to keep the costs down as much as possible, not least because I'm thinking of selling them on.

Alternatively, if someone can confirm whether or not they're comparatively simple to repair then I might consider finding someone I trust ti attempt it on my behalf with suitable financial reward, if there's much risk involved I'd really rather not do that though...

Aug 11, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 2
Not been able to look any further into repairing these for the past few months, but now I have the opportunity I want to get them fixed and preferably sell them on.

A warranty claim appears to be out of the question since I'm not the original owner and I've had them nearly a year myself so they're probably over a year old. Repairing seems to be the only option, so if anyone can advise how I might go about it or who could do it on my behalf I'd greatly appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back