SA1k Freq. range
Jun 21, 2005 at 3:55 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
Frequency response is a meaningless specification in determining the quality of a headphone.

-Matt

I wonder just how meaningless it is. I know the scientific standards of accuracy are based on how large a dB drop is considered "actively respondent frequency." But I wonder just how useless this measurement is. Nevermind, I sort of know how useless it is, standards for -3 dB should be in place for stereo equipments stated frequency responce. That is just the number I would like to see used. Half volume is enough for me to say yeah this thing isn't getting it done anymore.

Jun 21, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by SDA
OT, but since I already put something semi-useful in this post... why the HD500, of all things?

Well I would love to blaber on about it, but there really isn't that much to it. That and I don't want to distract Little J's thread too much. I'll drop you a PM here soon, k.

Jun 21, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
oops I misread that frequency range. The numbers were reversed.

anyhow I doubt they can go down to 8 Hz.

I bet they can't do 8 Hz at or above -3 dB anyway.

Jun 21, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #20 of 20
There is a point here.
If you had tones of say 70KHz and 75kHz present, interference between the tones will produce a tone of 5KHz, which you certainly can hear.
The contribution that interference from non-audible frequencies makes to audio reproduction has been debated for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back