S5X Immersive Headphones by OLLO Audio
Jan 15, 2023 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

deafLovesMusic

Head-Fier
OLLOaudio is a headphones manufacturer based in Slovenia. They have just released (and are already shipping it) the new S5X Immersive Headphones designed for mixing and mastering.

Has anyone had a chance to test these headphones yet?

I am wondering whether they can be used just for casual listening as I am always interested in neutral sounding headphones without hyped or boosted frequencies.

Jan 18, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #2 of 12
I have mine since the week before christmas and yes, you can use them for casual listening.
There is a nice review online on youtube.

Jan 18, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #3 of 12
I have mine since the week before christmas and yes, you can use them for casual listening.
There is a nice review online on youtube.
Many thanks for your reply and the link to the online review.
The Ollo S5X are really very interesting headphones.

Jan 18, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #4 of 12
Many thanks for your reply and the link to the online review.
The Ollo S5X are really very interesting headphones.
It is a really nice brand. I like the owner with his videos, the packaging, the build quality.
Sound-wise, i prefer my other 2 headphones.

Jan 23, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #6 of 12
Here are two reviews of the Ollo S5X headphones on Youtube (both positive, I always take this with care because I don't know how independent the reviewers are):

Feb 16, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #7 of 12
Got a pair, and really like them a lot.

Tonality is good without EQ, one of the few headphones i can enjoy without.
Almost perfect to me with a 4dB basshelf (im wearing glasses so seal is slightly compromised), and a -1.5dB broad peak filter (q 0.75) around 8kHz to take out the slight brightness.
Soundstage is pretty intimate and in my head, but imaging and instrument separation are really good.
To me the S5X are what i was looking for, they remind me a lot of the Etymotic ER4.

DIYheaven already measured them:

https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/ollo/s5x-1-0/

Mar 13, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #9 of 12
Hey guys! Here's my detailed review of the Ollo Audio S5X Reference headphone. Read on to know how it sounds, performs and fares against the competition in its highly competitive segment. Enjoy!

Thanks! Very informative review. Good to hear these are an improvement over the S4x, which I quite like.
Ollo Audio makes solid headphones. It's unfortunate these aren't talked about much on these forums.

Just ordered my S5x. :thumbsup:

Mar 14, 2023 at 2:29 AM Post #10 of 12
Hey guys! Here's my detailed review of the Ollo Audio S5X Reference headphone. Read on to know how it sounds, performs and fares against the competition in its highly competitive segment. Enjoy!

Excellent, thank you very much for your in-depth and insightful review!

Jun 19, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #11 of 12
Today I tried the S5X and I personally don't like them. Coming from planar headphones, this headphone feels slow and lacks in detail.
The frequency response is linear for my ears from 20Hz to about 4khz, also the lower ear gain is optimal for me, as I am too sensitive at 3khz.

From about 5khz there is a boost that can be easily corrected with EQ.

To me it sounds like I'm listening through a curtain, I compared it to the Audeze LCD-1, LCD-2C and MM-500. I also had the Sennheiser HD600 and would say that the Ollo S5X is (maybe) slightly better as the bass is more extended.

The only thing that is "reference" class is the frequency response.

Between dynamic headphones in this price range, it is certainly excellent. I can listen for many hours without fatigue.

But as a professional I would always prefer planar/electrostatics to hear the smallest Details.

EDIT: the high treble also sound distant and undefined, even with EQ I can't get it right...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 08.51.51.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 08.51.51.png
    277.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #12 of 12
Here are two reviews of the Ollo S5X headphones on Youtube (both positive, I always take this with care because I don't know how independent the reviewers are):

Comparing Neumann NDH 30 vs. Ollo S5X would be very interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back