S4i Wiring maintenance and Q about Custom-2
Nov 7, 2009 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

iamnoone

New Head-Fier
Hello All,

Got a quick question on how to maintain headphones in general. I had a pair of Shure E4c and the wire sheathing got hard and cracked. THe phones still work but i'm afraid that they'll give out ay day. I've had them awhile and they're out of warranty. And according to the site, they are 109$ for repair.

Anywho, since I have an iphone, I got the S4i, which i absolutely love. However, the wires are a lot thinner compared to my old shures. And the warranty states wires aren't covered so i'm wondering what best practices are in keeping them clean. What should i use to wipe them down?. I store them in the pouch whenever not in use. Too bad it didn't come with the metal tin that the regular S4 did.

And my other question about the Custom 2 is that I'm seeing them onsale for $80. The Custom-1 is at 45$. Is this a prelude to them being discontinued? I remember reading reviews when they first came out that the price dif b/t the two werent worth it, and reviews for the Custom2 in general were mediocre. But now at 80$ i'm wondering if they are worth a shot. I wish I could have gotten in on that 1/2 off deal for the Custom 3. sigh...

Thanks for any input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back