S4 vs RE0: Which are more comfortable?
Oct 26, 2009 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

m_ajmera

New Head-Fier
I am looking to spend about $100 to replace my broken E4. After reading the forums for a quite a while, I've narrowed it down to the S4 or RE0. Most of my listening will be done in the gym, while going to bed or on a long flight (not very often). Which of these two will be more suitable?

I used to have trouble with the E4 having to readjust them very often when I was running and sweaty.

I am looking for one that is comfortable, stays put and provides good isolation.

Thanks
Mayank

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #3 of 11
the RE0 are quite comfortable, and from what I heard about the S4 they're also quite comfortable. Both are great buys, why not pick which one fits your music preference.

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have both. The S4 is more comfortable.

Do the S4 stay in place well? Do you use them for working out etc?

Thanks

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by m_ajmera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the S4 stay in place well? Do you use them for working out etc?

Thanks

I've always manged to get a secure fit and they have always stayed in place. I've used them for working out and haven't had any issues.

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #8 of 11
I found the RE0's, for my ears, to be very uncomfortable.
but then I find alot of IEM's uncomfortable, YMMV..but out of the IEM's I've had I found the RE0 and the Goldring's to be the most uncomfortable

Oct 26, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #9 of 11
What makes it uncomfortable? Is it due to the shape of your ear canal?

Oct 26, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #10 of 11
Tips are a huge factor. I have absolutely no complaints about the RE0 with my modded Shure Olives. Both are far more comfortable than the E4/E4c.

Oct 27, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #11 of 11
I wear the RE0 over the ears and find it very comfortable, it doesn't fit the shape of my ear like my Shures did but it is not intrusive or annoying either. Wearing it cable-down, it is less comfortable by ymmv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back