S4 or RE0 for my tastes???
Oct 29, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #3 of 11
vocals to what kind of music? the answer to that question will probarly be the answer to which 'phone to get.

as I haven't had either one of them, I can't really make any comment on their sounds...

Oct 29, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by muxenle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
vocals to what kind of music? the answer to that question will probarly be the answer to which 'phone to get.

as I haven't had either one of them, I can't really make any comment on their sounds...

Every kind imaginable. I like blues, hip hop, rap, r&b, country, folk, indie rock, alternative... etc.

Pretty much anything with good lyrics and emotion.

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i like the s4's, but the re0's destroy them.

Don't have the RE0, but had the RE3, and destroy is a strong term. The HiFiMan lineup of phones are detail monsters, no doubt, but every pair I have ever owned failed the bass test, and I am not basshead. But again, I don't have the RE0. Curious about them, but really done with the try and buy at this point.

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 11
I have the RE0 and they have a very clear high definition sound, but as TStarn stated do lack, the bass is there and extends well, but feels like a tap on your shoulders in your ears. I will purchase the S4 from best buy and take advantage of their return policy so I can see how S4 and RE0 compare. I am mainly interested in seeing if S4 can match the clarity and detail of the RE0 while still providing more ear thumping bass and a more fuller sound.

I will be sure to post my impressions in the coming week.

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #8 of 11
The RE0 will be much more detailed, but will lack bass. Seems like you like a large variety of music, I would go with the S4 for versatility.

Oct 29, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't have the RE0, but had the RE3, and destroy is a strong term. The HiFiMan lineup of phones are detail monsters, no doubt, but every pair I have ever owned failed the bass test, and I am not basshead. But again, I don't have the RE0. Curious about them, but really done with the try and buy at this point.

i thnk you should, lol go on you know you want to
beerchug.gif

the RE-0 are really different to the 3/252 (stupid name) and i have no hesitation saying they beat the custom 3s i have but your right they arent bassy. think ety er4 bass

Oct 29, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i thnk you should, lol go on you know you want to
beerchug.gif

the RE-0 are really different to the 3/252 (stupid name) and i have no hesitation saying they beat the custom 3s i have but your right they arent bassy. think ety er4 bass

Can't do it. Believe it or not, those AL im616s I got for $14 sound almost as good as my old Ety ER4P (Ety makes the drivers in the 616 and the 716), so I already have a detail first, bass second pair of IEMs. I just boost the Sony Clear Bass on the A818 and they sound great, esp with the custom sleeves I got for my Westones. So I don't need another similar pair. Plus, the RE0s have the large sound tube, and right now, I can use the custom sleeves on all three of my IEMs. Goodbye to tip buying as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back