S4, My first impressions
Oct 16, 2009 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ucrags84

100+ Head-Fier
I know that others have this same thread title, but I just got a brand new pair of S4s today, and here are my impressions.

-Wow, the midrange out of the box is silky smooth. The vocals from Journey's Greatest are powerful, and I can feel the texture in the voices.

-The low end is ample on my Sony NWZ-A729, with a flat eq too. The bass isn't entirely "boomy", but it's not as well-defined as I'd like it to be, and I feel like it hasn't opened up yet. Does this improve with burn in?

-There's a bit of roll off in the highs, but so far not so bad, I don't feel too much harshness yet. Here too, I feel like these cans haven't "opened up" yet, they feel a little reserved, maybe this will improve with burn in.

-These are the most comfortable IEM's I have ever worn, the standard oval eartips fit me perfectly and create an excellent seal. I'm probably getting at least a ~15-20db noise reduction, can't tell exactly. I can hear someone's voice if it's loud enough, but all background noise is essentially gone, and I feel like I'm in a quiet room.

I will keep burning these in, and see how this goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back