S-Logic: May 'not' be optimal for gaming (pics)
Mar 22, 2008 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Assorted

Headphoneus Supremus
Don't get me wrong, it has the best in-front-of-you presentation with textured bass, all smooth (perhaps too much so) sounds related to gaming. But when reverting back to my EW9 with a much smaller stage, SE420 with the lack of depth but excellent horizontal plane, and even my Bose QC2/various headphones, the S-logic just seems a little less revealing of position reproduction.

I don't believe that positioning extremely varies in gaming headphones (rather IMO, they are characterized by physical isolation and attenuation of some frequencies) because I can hear enough with stock Sony buds.

I'll give a (poor) picture rendition of my discontent with the crucial positioning of S-logic vs non-Ultrasone headphones:

slogicao5.jpg
nonsg4.jpg

As you can see, the players are clearly more flexible in non-ultrasone, while the enjoyment of being immersed in the environment is decreased due to a shortened depth and a less defined bass.

Anybody else feel the same way? I just can't recommend S-logic for anybody who wants to feel competitive about gaming. I personally will continue to use my ED9 for gaming because of the eargasm it gives me.

Mar 22, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #2 of 3
I dont know, my proline 750's are excellent for gaming. And I do game a lot.
My ad900's are so bad for gaming that I wouldnt recommend them to anyone.
Havent tried any other mid-fi / hi-fi hp's so dunno how they compare, but I'm loving the 750's for both music and gaming. The ad900's dont get any use anymore (got the 750's ~3 months ago).

I'm pretty sure my next (and hopefully one of the last) headphone purchase will be the ED9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back