s-JAYS review coming soon!
Feb 18, 2009 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

i_don't_know

1000+ Head-Fier
I was planning on doing it last weekend, but I was busy. Just making this thread to tie myself to it and make sure I don't forget.

So, what do you guys want to see in the review? My Phonaks just came in, so I'm now able to do a proper comparison with another balanced armature IEM. I'm going to let you guys make some suggestions of what kind of things you'd like me to bring up.

Pics and review coming soon! (hopefully I'll get to it by this weekend)

-IDK

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #3 of 6
Try them with different sources from neutral/bright (iPod) to bassy (Sony, Cowon)... or whatever you have or can borrow. An amp is also welcome. But don't judge, after listening to one source.

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #4 of 6
As far as sources go, all I have are my Sony, my Panasonic PCDP (newish model), and the family stereo system (LG).

They're all pretty warm sources. Sorry. Luckily, the Sony's EQ actually does change the sound a bit.

And I am ampless, but I will tell you that I don't believe these need an amp at all.

Also, bass is a little... err... powerful. And no, they look good!

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_don't_know /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And I am ampless, but I will tell you that I don't believe these need an amp at all.

Also, bass is a little... err... powerful. And no, they look good!

They don't need an amp to play loud. But the SQ benefit from an amp very much. Straight from iPod Touch they were very dark (although not very bassy), plugged into an amped headphone-out in my Klipsch Promedia and Creative X-mod, they gain more brightness. So ...an amp is good for them.

If you think, the bass is powerful, ...try Denons C551 or C700
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, we're waiting for the review !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back